Never knew they existed

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
whosyour

Never knew they existed

Post by whosyour »

I found an ATS-55 Mariner so I got it.Discontinued a short time later,aren't they all!I really prefer the tipdown carry with spyderdrop opening on this one,so no stainless rescue until now,same blade anyway,I guess not to many were made.But Spyderco was once again ahead in Brainstorming.As I was thinking mariner with different steel the other day.Great EDC for cutting nearit anything(caution real sharp).VG-10 model anyone
gadfly

Post by gadfly »

The S/S Mariner was one of the best Spydies made, but they were replaced by the rescue.

A while back, my friend Vito showed me his Mariner and I thought it was pretty cool.

Its solid construction allows me to also use it as a hammer. Further, it's the most "people friendly" knife of the lot

Since they had been discontinued, I had to hunt around for one where it's become part of the "rotation".

I carry the Military, Spyderench, Mariner and Lil Temperance Leaf. In addition, I also carry the Bob Lum Chinese Folder.

One way or the other, you pay for your tools!
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

I posted awhile back that I had an ATS-55 Mariner, a Rescue SS, and a Rescue SS Jr. for sale. Not sure if either of you might be interested, just thought I would let you know.

"The computer allows you to make mistakes faster than any other invention, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila." Mitch Ratcliffe
John F Jensen

Post by John F Jensen »

To anyone interested.

We have one Mariner NIB left in stock. It is a C02SL (left hand, serrated)on closeout @ 68.00.

John Jensen, 619-475-3633, www.johnfjensen.com
sam the man..

Post by sam the man.. »

ATS-55 Mariner? Hmmm, that's really interesting.. Could be mistaken for the SS Rescue?

Sam

have spydies will travel
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

As an afterthought, I have been looking for a balisong. If anyone was interested in trading. I'd let them go pretty cheap.

"The computer allows you to make mistakes faster than any other invention, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila." Mitch Ratcliffe
chinook

Post by chinook »

The Mariner has the drying vent, right?
(Not my knife)

Disguised as a responsible adult.
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

Yup, same handle design as the older style Rescues with the FRN clip. The only difference that I know of is that the Mariner has the vent in both sides of the handle.