ED Schempp Persian Sprint Run?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Large Persian Sprint Run?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:35 pm

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 93

HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

Sal, can you confirm that it will be black? I really thought I read it was Foliage Green?

Honestly, my preference is Black, but either way I'm still in.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

They look great!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Not sure if this has been brought up elsewhere but Sal or Kristi any idea on the peppers size of the runs ?

600 units of each or 1200 ?
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I think they both have their merit aesthetically but I am more drawn to the red model. Would like to handle both and see if the weight of one feels better to me than the other.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I'm a HUGE fan of the G10 FFG one :)
Handwrecker

Post by Handwrecker »

Any chance of an ETA?
Grisle

Post by Grisle »

I'd love one in White Micarta and another with a smooth green bone handle. I love the bolsters so I wouldn't want that to change. I love the Ironwood handles that Paul did too.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I'm partial to the red one, the G10 version seems very close to my beloved Stretch, minus the lefty clip option.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Metric

Post by Metric »

Mr Blonde wrote:I'm partial to the red one, the G10 version seems very close to my beloved Stretch, minus the lefty clip option.

Wouter
You always have to stay one step ahead, though -- this might make the G10 version the next ultra-rare holy grail collectable in a few years. :D
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

WOW the bolstered red one is absolutely gorgeous! I'm drooling... The all G-10 one seems like it would be an excellent EDC, especially with the new FFG blade. Thanks Spyderco for giving me another chance to get a Persian on the primary market..and I even visually like the red better than the original black (and although I love Micarta, colored G-10 is one of my favorite materials too)

PS-I think the red one would look better with a silver (polished SS) pocket clip. I don't mind the black clip but I think this level of aesthetic beauty in a knife is rare, and I just think the black clip looks a little too mundane for such and exceptional looking folder
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

ozspyder wrote:Not sure if this has been brought up elsewhere but Sal or Kristi any idea on the peppers size of the runs ?

Please say 1200 :) then I'll have a better chance of getting both
samuraishot

Post by samuraishot »

+1 on the silver clip for the red one!
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

ozspyder wrote:Not sure if this has been brought up elsewhere but Sal or Kristi any idea on the peppers size of the runs ?

LOL Just noticed my typo :rolleyes: stupid iPhone auto-correct is dumb at the best of time. PROPER size of the runs I think I was supposed to type :p
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Ha, yeah the auto-correct has caused me to send plenty of embarrassingly stupid sounding emails and texts!
:bug-red-white
v8r

Post by v8r »

I really hope the full G10 model is Foliage green, I'm so tired of black. The red bolstered version looks very nice. I hope I can afford them when they come out.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

v8r wrote:I really hope the full G10 model is Foliage green, I'm so tired of black. The red bolstered version looks very nice. I hope I can afford them when they come out.
+1 Foliage green gets better reactions from the NKP that I know, and would also match the FG Barong and Khukuri. Maybe we'll see a FG G10 version of the Balance at some point in the future.
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

v8r wrote:I really hope the full G10 model is Foliage green, I'm so tired of black. The red bolstered version looks very nice. I hope I can afford them when they come out.
+2 Im not getting sick of black yet, but I would like something a little different too, and I love foliage green!
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK
v8r

Post by v8r »

There was a lot of hate a few years ago for foliage green, but I have always thought it was great stuff! It does not hurt that green is my favorite color. Throw some emerald green polished G10 on the bolstered version and I would sure be in hog heaven!
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I'm not a fan of green in general but I always liked the green they used on their knives. I have the Delica, Endura, Para and Khukuri and love the color on them all. I would love to see some G10 or Micarta come out with a coyote brown/butterscotch at some point. I think that would look great on a blade.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

Bluntrauma wrote:I'm not a fan of green in general but I always liked the green they used on their knives. I have the Delica, Endura, Para and Khukuri and love the color on them all. I would love to see some G10 or Micarta come out with a coyote brown/butterscotch at some point. I think that would look great on a blade.
Do you mean like the micarta on the temperance? Because I would love to see that too
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK