Bring back the Starmate!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
carrot

Bring back the Starmate!

Post by carrot »

I recently managed to pick up this gem of a knife and I have to say this model is definitely among Spyderco's best discontinued knives. I would like to see a sprint run of this, in any color!

And if you guys would make a downsized version of this, frame lock and slightly larger than the Delica, it would be my dream EDC!

Oh, and if you add a choil, that would be lovely too.
Latest :spyder: -- Blurple Para2
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

One of my favorite :spyder: ! The Starmate finds its way in my pockets every so often.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

my starmate has the smoothest action out of all my spydercos, it fling out with the slightest wrist flick

a smaller version would be very cool, actually i think the older ones are smaller now that i think of it
DRod

Post by DRod »

Thats one I've always wanted to, but haven't been able to handle.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
~ Peter Marshall, US Senate Chaplain 1947
carrot

Post by carrot »

RIOT wrote:my starmate has the smoothest action out of all my spydercos, it fling out with the slightest wrist flick

a smaller version would be very cool, actually i think the older ones are smaller now that i think of it
I'm pretty sure there was a smaller Terzuola but it wasn't the Starmate and it wasn't really quite the same knife.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

carrot wrote:I'm pretty sure there was a smaller Terzuola but it wasn't the Starmate and it wasn't really quite the same knife.
youre probably right, but definitely a terzoula, they look similar dont they ?
carrot

Post by carrot »

I just looked it up, and you're right, it is a Terzuola Jr. Not quite the same great flowing lines as the Terzuola Starmate, but a seemingly nice knife all the same.

I really love the design of the Starmate because it's like a cross between the Military and a knife I've been drooling over for a long time, the Terzuola TTF-3A.

Nothing like having a Spyderco in the pocket. A great reliable knife that won't cost you an arm and a leg to replace. Well, except for the hard-to-find discontinued models anyway.

A return of the Starmate, perhaps in a different G-10 color would let me carry without fear of never being able to replace this one.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Ah, the Starmate. A knife which is comfortable, strong and good looking. Maybe one of the nicest in the Spyderco collaborations line.
Since Spyderco made short runs with the Goddard, Viele and Lum, maybe we'll see an updated Starmate (say ZDP-189 and blue G-10?) in the near future. :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
LouDog5446

Wow!

Post by LouDog5446 »

Nice blade! I'd like to buy one.
ken

Post by ken »

carrot wrote:I recently managed to pick up this gem of a knife and I have to say this model is definitely among Spyderco's best discontinued knives. I would like to see a sprint run of this, in any color!
Even in Pink????

Nice knife but a new one with a different lock.

ken
ken
SSB

Terzuola pics!

Post by SSB »

Terzuolas,C19 ,C15 & C55
Attachments
IMG_0004 (Small).JPG
IMG_0004 (Small).JPG (78.8 KiB) Viewed 6169 times
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

thats a really cool pic with all those different models, seems like you got them all, do you ?
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I personally like the Big T
amen74

Post by amen74 »

SSB. Very cool collection of Terzuolas. The handles are sort of Emerson looking.
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
carrot

Post by carrot »

ken wrote:Even in Pink????

Nice knife but a new one with a different lock.

ken
Yes, I'll take one, even in pink! I love this knife!
SSB

Post by SSB »

RIOT wrote:thats a really cool pic with all those different models, seems like you got them all, do you ?
No i don't have all the variations they are hard to find even in used condition(which i don't mind as all mine are users),but i am always on the lookout for one.
Terzuolas are one of my favorite spydercos & i wouldn't mind a sprint run of either model especially the starmate !
Or maybe even a new larger Terzuola spyderco collaboration(please Sal & Bob!)
regards,SSB :spyder:
carrot

Post by carrot »

Speaking of which, isn't there supposed to be a Terzuola-designed Slip-it on the way?
Goldtop 57^

Post by Goldtop 57^ »

Sorry for re-opening this old thread - BUT I WANT THE STARMATE BACK!!!!

Mine has been stolen some years ago and I never found an adequate replacement, not in all the optics and specs....

I make do with a BM Vex, but it's a sad compromise (being not bad a knife at all), compared to the Starmate.

So, PLEEEAAASEEE - do something, dear people at Spyderco! A sprint run, different steel or handle color, whatever, but revive it!!!

Regards form Germany,

Oliver
StoneDog

Post by StoneDog »

Definitely bring this one back!!! Mine is my all time favorate but the 440v is a pain to sharpen. VG10 would be just fine!
freeman7

Post by freeman7 »

+1 on the Starmate.How about VG-10 & CF?