How long have you loved spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RIOT

How long have you loved spyderco?

Post by RIOT »

ill start this off honest and say im 30 years old now and ever since the age of 15 my father bought me my first delica1, ive been a fan ever since that day and ive never bought anything else besides spyderco! so i guess my first :spyder: was in 1993

so im curious when did you first start loving spyderco ?
Earl Love

Post by Earl Love »

Well honestly, i've only been introduced to spyderco the beginning of this year. But it looks like i'm following in your footsteps. I can't imagine buying anything else than spyderco. Nothing else comes close.
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword. Hebrews 4:12
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

it was the summer of 69,cut until my finger bled,it was love at first sight.,sorry not 69,more 2002,from ther i'd say....
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Since the mid 80's; here is the long lost then found twin of my first....

Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

Earl Love wrote:Well honestly, i've only been introduced to spyderco the beginning of this year. But it looks like i'm following in your footsteps. I can't imagine buying anything else than spyderco. Nothing else comes close.
hi Earl Love,and ahearty welcome to the forums. Its real good to see another South African on the forums here.there are so many Spydies to choose from,but we SA are quite limited to find all of them here in SA :spyder:
I would realy like to get,a white FRN Delica4,Black blade D4,VG10 blade Dragonfly,the list goes on...Enjoy ur stay Manixworld :)
catamount

Post by catamount »

I'm a relative newcomer. I discovered :spyder: s in 2005, and got so hooked I became a dealer :D
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
wec12

Post by wec12 »

My first Spydie is Salt I black back in 2006. Since then, I am a loyal Spydie fan ;) .
█ Copycat :mad: █
█ A.K.A. Mr.Dissector █
█ "Think before You Cut" --- Sal Glesser. █
ousanas

Post by ousanas »

hmmm... high school, I'd guess 93 or 94. se endura. used to see them all the time in movies (cliffhanger jumps out as prominently showing spydies, not a great movie, but great knives). and in guns and ammo and whatnot.
Bam-it

Post by Bam-it »

It was 1988 or 1989, I was working in the oil field for a company named Halliburton Services. My friend opened a knife shop and showed my a cool looking knife. He told me a little about it and after, I want to say $44.00 ( Which at the time was a lot for me to spend on a knife) I went home with a Spyderco SE black Endura. I showed it off at work the next day and my buddies went nuts over it. Two days later my friend with the knife shop was sold out and a long list of waiting customers. I still have that same knife today. Thanks,
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I discovered Spyderco at the end of 2004 :(

Just a shame I didn't discover them earlier because I so much like the old school Spydies over the current ones :cool:

Really like your Hunter Zen. Yet another holy grain to get :mad: :D . Glad to see you back BTW :cool:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
markg

Post by markg »

About 1990... A SE Endura.

I had been aware of Spyderco for a few years before that, but I did not care (at the time) for the all steel handled knives.

So when the Endura and Delica came out, that changed things.

I will have to say I did warm up to the steel handled knives.
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

RIOT wrote:ill start this off honest and say im 30 years old now and ever since the age of 15 my father bought me my first delica1, ive been a fan ever since that day and ive never bought anything else besides spyderco! so i guess my first :spyder: was in 1993

so im curious when did you first start loving spyderco ?
Your 30 by reading your posts you don't sound a day over 29 bro :D

I loved Spydies because of the martial artist, and he introduced me to the Ronin. All is his history after that. Will go into more detail when I come back from a booty call :p , Just kidding gotta go to work.

aj
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

For me it all started in 2005. I saw a few Spydercos that my brother-in-law had (a Tufram Worker and an Executive) in late 2004 a few times and in February 2005 I had to have one. Before that I had a Benchmade 880BT for a couple years and I loved the knife but hardly used it.

My first Spydie was a Scorpius PE that I bought in February of 2005. Since then I've owned a TON of knives but I've decided that after owning almost every brand made that Spydies just fit my hand better, and I love the hole better than any other opener. Plus, the stand up people they have running the company are amazing.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Quick Draw

Post by Quick Draw »

I've had my Delica 1 since the 90's but did not actually start collecting until 2007. It's funny that I use to think Spydercos were ugly looking, but now can't seem to get enough of them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Current Spydie Count 21
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

I discovered Spyderco by happenstance (heh, heh! ;) ) in 2006. First Spydie was none other than the SS SE Harpy!!! :cool: :cool:

Agent Starling :cool:
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
712KY

Post by 712KY »

I guess I've been hooked on spyderco for about 20 years. 1989, 15 of 16 yrs old. Picked up a ladybug and that was the begining. I still have that one and now many more. I bought my son (age 10) his first spidie a few months back; orange is his favorite color, so what else could it be. . . LROP3.

K
arnon

Post by arnon »

879 days 3 houres 17 minutes and 34 seconds 37, 38...... ;)
Be well arnon :spyder: :)
kimjune01

Post by kimjune01 »

Countless people are living in misery without Spyderco knives. Liberate them from this misery through advertising!
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

since may of 1992. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
MountainMedic

Post by MountainMedic »

Since late 1992. Visited a knife retailer as a brand new 20 year old FF/EMT and just had to have that bright yellow FRN Rescue. You know, had to look sharp :p saving all those lives. Liked it so much that I bought the black FRN one the next day. Still have both of those and a few :rolleyes: brothers for them.
Mike :spyder: