a pic of my collection

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
v8r

a pic of my collection

Post by v8r »

Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Dude nice.

I love that LUM!
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

Nice collection, nice Lum, cute baby. :)
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
v8r

Post by v8r »

Yeah it's a cool knife I carried it for several years. It's fairly light weight for such a large knife.It is not in perfect shape anymore,A guy at BASS PRO saw it and begged me to let him sharpen it..... needless to say he almost ruined it.It looked like he sharpened it with a belt sander,not to mention he burned the blade on one side and messed the profile up on the tip.It took me forever to polish the scratches out of the blade and polish it up.I'm going to send it back to SPYDERCO and let them sharpen it and fix the tip,maybe it won't require removing too much material. :mad:
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

v8r wrote:...I'm going to send it back to SPYDERCO and let them sharpen it and fix the tip,maybe it won't require removing too much material. :mad:
I think that's a good decision. I also think you will be blown away at how nice of a job Spyderco will do and how it will look and perform when you get it back.

Yeah, now you do, don't let other people sharpen your Spydies. Unless they are another one of "us". :D
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
v8r

Post by v8r »

Yeah he gave me the knife back, and tried to charge me for it too.I told him there was no way I was going to pay him,and told him you just ruined a $175 knife. I was pretty hot.That was about 6 or 7 years ago.I took the knife home and put it in the drawer,and recently took it out again and worked on it some. I have to admit that my stainless native has been the knife I have carried the most until recently,to me it is a more usefull knife.You guys say it is somewhat rare, so I took yall's word for it and retired it.
amen74

Post by amen74 »

v8r. Great little collection you have going on. If you ever turn that Lum in to Spyderco for some TLC, let us know how it turns out. It sure is a beauty! :D
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

Hey bro awesome collection

May I ask the small spydie is that the pegasus and could please provide some info on it would be very appreciated.

take care
aj
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
v8r

Post by v8r »

I believe it is a original copilot, I bought it 10+ years ago.It was my second spydie.