Why don't we see any black bladed Mili's? (post pics if you have em)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fred Sanford

Why don't we see any black bladed Mili's? (post pics if you have em)

Post by Fred Sanford »

Please do post pics if you have a black bladed military. I noticed that they make these and I think they look sweet.

It seems that all the Mili pics I see are always just the standard satin finish.

Are people generally against black blades?

"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
GoMeR

Post by GoMeR »

One of my EDC's that i use most often is a black bladed PE millie. I use it pretty hard and the finish still looks great. No camera handy but i will see what i can do. :D
awlriteeden

Post by awlriteeden »

:)
markg

Post by markg »

Of my Military's the one that gets the most pocket time is a black bladed CE.
rlw1979777

Post by rlw1979777 »

Heres a few of my Black Millies. Of course there is one in my girlfriends car. But Im not searching through that dumpsite for the picture.

[CENTER]Image

Image[/CENTER]
I have a small collection.. At least in my mind its small. All respect to Sal and this great company! Collector Club Member #120
Bam-it

Black scratches

Post by Bam-it »

I don't care much for the black blade knives. Well if it's just for putting away in a box and viewing now and then that's OK. I use a knife hard and I have not found a black blade that can hold a decent color on the blade.
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

Bam-it wrote:I don't care much for the black blade knives. Well if it's just for putting away in a box and viewing now and then that's OK. I use a knife hard and I have not found a black blade that can hold a decent color on the blade.
You should see some of lermans pics. He uses his pretty hard and it isn't all scratched up. I've read that the coating is pretty sturdy.
After enlightenment, the laundry.
awlriteeden

Post by awlriteeden »

Bam-it wrote:I don't care much for the black blade knives. Well if it's just for putting away in a box and viewing now and then that's OK. I use a knife hard and I have not found a black blade that can hold a decent color on the blade.
If you use a knife hard why do you care how it looks? I prefer coated blades for their corrosion resistance, not because they look cool (which they do :D ).
Bam-it

Post by Bam-it »

All though I use my knives as a knife! I still like for my knife to look OK. I guess what I'm saying is that in my past black blade use the scratches are much more pronounced. Maybe I just had a bad run of coating who knows maybe I'm just crazy. Thanks for your thoughts,