Spyderco with glock dissasembly tool?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Piercieve

Spyderco with glock dissasembly tool?

Post by Piercieve »

My uncle keeps telling me about this spyderco his son gave him. He says it has a glock dissasembly tool built into the butt of the handle. I have heard of no such thing, unless that is what a shackle key is for :confused:

My uncle is not one to make false claims, and he knows Spydercos... Thats all he used when he was in the Special Forces, so I'm assuming it IS a spyderco, just wondering... which one?
"I ain't looking for confusion, but it tends to follow me."

E4 white, E4 waved SE, Caspian Salt, Crossbill, Mule, white Dragonfly, Boker CLB Desert Subcom, BM Blackwood mini Skirmish,
catamount

Post by catamount »

Yes it exists. It is a black Endura 4. It was commissioned by, and exclusive to, a particular distributor (Lone Wolf, IIRC?).

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... ight=Glock
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i dont have one but i found this link for you

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... 142500#PIC
TR Graham

Post by TR Graham »

Piercieve wrote:My uncle keeps telling me about this spyderco his son gave him. He says it has a glock dissasembly tool built into the butt of the handle. I have heard of no such thing, unless that is what a shackle key is for :confused:

My uncle is not one to make false claims, and he knows Spydercos... Thats all he used when he was in the Special Forces, so I'm assuming it IS a spyderco, just wondering... which one?

Piercieve, it most certainly exists - it is the "Armorer's Endura", made for a company called Lone Wolf Distributors. It has a 3/32 inch pin punch that folds into the back of the handle and the Lone Wolf logo eched into the blade. I carry and use one every day. In fact, I have bought two more in case I wear my first one out. Fellow forum member "tonydahose" has a nice Endura collection, maybe he'll post a picture of it.

Anyway, it's a very, very handy knife for a working gunsmith.

TR Graham
The Glocksmith
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Hey TR. Is this "Armorer's Endura" worth having if you only own a single Glock pistol? Seeing that you are a gunsmith, I figured I would ask you. I own a Glock 30. I've taken my Glock down for cleaning and maintenance only.

I wouldn't go so far as to diassemble every single piece, as I feel it's not necessary for routine cleaning. Thanks.
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
Piercieve

Post by Piercieve »

K, thanks guys. I knew you would chime in Graham. :D
Finally I know what he's talking about. I thought he was crazy.

I was like, "Look, I know every current model of Spyderco in the line-up and have no idea what you're talking about."

Anyways, thanks guys.
"I ain't looking for confusion, but it tends to follow me."

E4 white, E4 waved SE, Caspian Salt, Crossbill, Mule, white Dragonfly, Boker CLB Desert Subcom, BM Blackwood mini Skirmish,
The CoPilot

Post by The CoPilot »

Lone Wolf Distributing still has them available:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx ... 076&CAT=77
><> The most important blood trail leads to the Cross <><
C09 CoPilots My Specialty
Integrity is Being Good Even if No One is WatchingTM
Looking for: C04 Executive plain edge, C09 CoPilot plain edge with brass liners and a G-2 marked blade
TR Graham

Post by TR Graham »

amen74 wrote:Hey TR. Is this "Armorer's Endura" worth having if you only own a single Glock pistol? Seeing that you are a gunsmith, I figured I would ask you. I own a Glock 30. I've taken my Glock down for cleaning and maintenance only.

I wouldn't go so far as to diassemble every single piece, as I feel it's not necessary for routine cleaning. Thanks.

Amen,

Even if you never use the pin punch, I would think about getting one. Lone Wolf still has them. It is a neat and unusual Endura variation which might grow in value with time. Who knows? And if you ever do have to change out a part, it would come in handy......
And I do agree - for normal mantainance, it is not necessary to diassemble every single piece on your G30 for routine cleaning. In fact, it can be bad for the pistol if it is detail stripped too often.

TR Graham
The Glocksmith
Ian UK

Post by Ian UK »

Heres a UK one,

They wont ship to the UK, so Jess at Spydieguys bought and shipped it for me, Thanks again Jess. :)

C10PSTA ENDURA BLACK C/W GLOCK TOOL

Some are/were numbered mine sadly isn't but I got it as a collectors piece but saw they still had some on e-bay only last week. :spyder:
:spyder: IAN UK Collector #116.
john row

Post by john row »

I know this thread is old but I was in SFO in Oct (?) 2009 and they were on display for sale. I'm not sure they were tagged LWD or any other particulars.
john
Gee Mr Glesser, them sure are pretty knives!
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

IIRC there have been 2 runs of these from Lone Wolf. The first run was a CE Endura with the pin punch at the back. I think in 2009 Lone Wolf did another run with a PE Endura.

Engraving on the knife I think says First Run and Second Run if I'm not mistaken. Will take a look as I was about to carry mine on the range due to more use of an STI Edge :)
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

RIOT

Post by RIOT »

you can find these on ebay from time to time for like 40 bucks i think (buy it now)

knife is awesome, i live in CA and we have to have the lock button for our assault rifles and the tool works perfect also, so i dedicated this Endura as my official shooting knife, wish they made a Delica though
dorfinator

Post by dorfinator »

My first Spydie is one I bought to help the GlockTalk forum last year. Number 26 of 100.