SpyFox?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
olorin15

Post by olorin15 »

Yup, looks great to me! And just when I wrote it off my list in favor of the upcoming Leafstorm and G10 Poliwog... now I think I may have to get one after all. My poor wallet!!!

Is there anywhere beside AG Russell you can buy these in the US?
Dopeler effect - the tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter, when they come at you rapidly.
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Very nice, very nice indeed. Good looking scales on that one of yours cougar, it could come and live with me anytime.
One thing that I particularly like about this knife is the scale on each side, symetrical, unlike the volpe. The reason why I dont own a volpe is because of it's limpy one sided look, but this is very nice. FFG as well.
I'm a gonna get me one :) .
O.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

cougar337 wrote: You can see by the pictures they are about the size of a Kiwi or a Kopa. worth the $80+, you decide.
You cannot buy Kiwi or kopa for $80+. If the level of workmanship the same as Volpe, these knives well worth these money.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Well folks, I did get me one of these knives, the self same one that cougar had. Yep, bought it off him & am very pleased with it, very nice little knife, like it heaps, just my size. I like to carry my knife in the fob pocket of my work pants & this little knife is a perfect fit, as are Dragonfly, Ladybug & Micro dyad.
Thanks heaps Ian. :D Beauty mate.
O.
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

O,just,O wrote:Well folks, I did get me one of these knives, the self same one that cougar had. Yep, bought it off him & am very pleased with it, very nice little knife, like it heaps, just my size. I like to carry my knife in the fob pocket of my work pants & this little knife is a perfect fit, as are Dragonfly, Ladybug & Micro dyad.
Thanks heaps Ian. :D Beauty mate.
O.
Glad I could help out! It's a beautiful knife, just a bit on the small side for me. When you get a chance, post up some pictures! :D
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
equest

Post by equest »

Thought I'd say hi w/ some pics.

I use the knife mainly as a letter and package opener. It is too small for food preparation for my taste.
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

Looks really nice, I never knew this existed! Pretty much looks like a mini-Volpe.

How much did it cost when it was available from AG Russell?
equest

Post by equest »

Sorry, don't know the original price. Ordered mine in Germany for around 90 Euro. I remember that I at first felt that it was very expensive for such a little knife, but it's really well made and useful when wearing light summer clothing that wouldn't accept my beloved Para-Military 2. It's more of a gentleman folder, I usually clip it in the inside pocket of my suit jacket. It weights nearly nothing: 34,8 gram.
equest

Post by equest »

It's cutting abilities and all around usefulness is much higher than that of my Ladybug, which I think of more as a toy. The SpyFox isn't a toy. The steel is awesome too, I don't know how many letters I opened with it but a short strop on my leather once in a month keeps it hair popping sharp. I have the same N690Co steel from Böhler on another Fox Knife (Persian Hunter) that I use more often and more serious, outdoors. From that I know the steel has a fantastic edge holding ability and is easy to sharpen - a combination seldom found.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Thanks for the photos, didn't really realize how small it is. Given the size, seems like it really should have a lanyard hole.
The Mentaculous wrote:Looks really nice, I never knew this existed! Pretty much looks like a mini-Volpe.

How much did it cost when it was available from AG Russell?
FWIW, AGR still has them, in both olive and amboyna. Price is $84.95. Just look under Fox knives.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

You can find them on eBay too. Nice little knife.

The action on my bro's is a tad stiff but the blade shape is great and the handle is very classy/finished.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

They weigh only 34 grams - almost exactly the same as an FRN Dragonfly2. Wow.

TedP
olorin15

Post by olorin15 »

phillipsted wrote:They weigh only 34 grams - almost exactly the same as an FRN Dragonfly2. Wow.

TedP
Speaking of which, anyone has both and can snap some pics?
Dopeler effect - the tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter, when they come at you rapidly.
buddy54ck

Spyfox, I wan't one too !

Post by buddy54ck »

:spyder: :spyder:Congrats O,just,O on the new knife as well as every other Member who picked up
one of these little beauties. I am going to get one Myself! I just Love the size and the Wood scales ! Anyone know where I can get the best deal?
Thanks in advance,
Charlie
:spyder: :spyder:
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

I've really wanted to buy one of these for quite a while, just don't seem to get around to it. I love the small Spydies though, and this one looks different than other Spydies.
d.2.the.p

Post by d.2.the.p »

I've been in the market for a wooden handled/scaled gents folder. I may have just found it. I too would love to see comparison pics to the D-fly for reference.