New manix limited question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
blazin

New manix limited question

Post by blazin »

I was wondering , how limited the manix FG is, and wondering how long like 6 months or so if they will have it for sale. thanks.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Usually sprint runs go fast, but the Manix was discontinued, so It may go very fast or very slow. Its not sold out yet, so I think you could get one at that time, just maybe not directly from a dealer.

Just get it now if ya love it so much.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i think it was limited to 600 IIRC, i know they were sold out of them 2 weeks ago at the spyderco factory outlet. i dont think they will last long personally.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
swingshot

Post by swingshot »

The black handled plain edge version is somewhat tricky to find, and the discontinuation of the model was a bit unexpected.

I can see them disappearing quite quickly.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

All correct also from what I hear. 600 sprint run unless the demand for it deems it necessary for Sal to bow to forum pressure :)

Black Large PE model being disco'd was a disappointment to me. Natives, Delicas, Kopas and Persians distracted me long enough to allow the Manix to sit on my backburner for way too long and thus I missed out on getting the knife most here say is an absolute tank ! A good friend managed to find one for me though :p

Looking forward to getting a FG Manix sometime soon. Don't think they'll last long though
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

Dave Last over at the Dealers section of the Blade Forum might still have some, I've just received from him an original Manix and the two slightly smaller ones.........the FG Manix arrives in the next day or two compliments of Tom Berry! Yeah, loves me Manix I do.............. :D

Regards,

BRIAN
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

OMFG Bug.... !!!

Spending spree mate :P God to see another crazy Spyder Aussie on the boards willing to set the mortgage free :D LOL ! Tom and Dave are good sources, glad they can fulfil your NEEDS ;)

Are they going to be users or collectors ?
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

Me waving a MANIX around in the office ain't going to go down too well methinks............. :rolleyes: ;) :p

And it's a bit big for opening A4 copy paper boxes, my little SAK suits that purpose better but it may be supplemented by a white Ladybug or one of my Kiwis.........shortly! :D

Mind you, I use a Native and my Atlantic SE for most household and garden chores. If I get any time to go bush-bashing again, then the Manix goes with me!
MacTech

Post by MacTech »

Good thing I ordered a FG Manix sprint run from NGK a couple days ago, when I ordered it, they had 11 in stock, now they're out of stock, lets hope they get more in before the Sprint Run ends....
Save the Dodo (Collect the whole set!)
Proud owner of 3 Blue Dodo's, SE#130, SE, and PE
Join the Cult Of H-1....
amen74

Post by amen74 »

The actual post escapes me, but yes the FG Manix was a confirmed 600 piece Sprint Run.
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

amen74 wrote:The actual post escapes me, but yes the FG Manix was a confirmed 600 piece Sprint Run.
i really didnt want to order the fg manix but after hearing all of this hype on how many were made i guess ill do my major order tomorrow, one thing i like is that it will go good with the g10 fg endura & delica

the only reason i havent ordered it already is for the simple fact i dont like huge bulky knives , the hype for this knife sounds like its a must, it just took awhile for me