Users or just Collectors?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BHDKnifer

Post by BHDKnifer »

Cannon916 wrote:No, it wasn't "some such stuff". I have been with my agency over 18+ years. I have been an FTO for 11. I have been involved with training one whole district (25% of the force) in one computer project, and all four districts in another. I have been around a bit, and can honestly say I have never seen another cop in my department carry a Spyderco.

You seem to blame Tomahawk23 for all the trouble here, but I have seen him get abuse here from the long time forum members. People quoting him from other website forums just to keep the pot stirred up. He gets suspended, but the other members who copy copywrited materials from other websites are still active. That certainly seems like a user agreement violation there. People outright call him names, and he gets suspended while the name callers are still active members. Abusing members also seems like a violation, but maybe it is because he is a rookie member he gets suspended but long time members get away scot free. Seems a bit unfair to me.
Just because you disagree with someone's opinion is no reason to call him a troll, post a hyperlink to a troll article referring to him, and question "the way a question was asked". Please, you can read any kind of attitude into typed words that you want, but it doesn't mean that you personal take on it is gospel.

Is Tomahawk23 controversial? Absolutely. He asks some questions that it seems the members and moderators here do not want to be asked. Is that such a bad sin that anyone else has free reign to abuse him and the user agreement with no consequences whatsoever?
Is cannon tommyhawks bowling alley cop friend? I read his past posts and he seems as goofy as tommyhawk. Seems to me there only here to cause trouble.
:spyder: Control the HEAD...and you control the SNAKE! :spyder:
:spyder: Integrity is being good even if no one is watching :spyder:
vivi

Post by vivi »

tomahawk23 wrote:Realy... Do you use them all at once.
I have not needed any "Task Specific" knife, I use one knife for all tasks. And it works just fine... Chopping, Cutting, Prying, Opening Boxes, Cutting Wire, Chopping Wood, Everything...
ONE KNIFE does it ALL.
Of coarse, I'm not using a Spyderco.

Are you saying that you need many different knives to accomplish many different menial tasks. Or is that just the way you like to do it because you like collecting knives?
I say that because when a knife is designed with a specific use in mind, it excels over a "general use" knife in that area.

The Pikal makes a better Pikal grip SD knife than the Ladybug does. The Kopa makes a better gentleman's knife than a SE Police. The Hossom Fixed blades are better suited for chopping than a Delica.

I don't carry 10 knives at once. I consider what work I expect to do during the day and pick the knives that suit that the best.
:unicorn
TR Graham

Post by TR Graham »

[quote=" Is Tomahawk23 controversial? Absolutely. He asks some questions that it seems the members and moderators here do not want to be asked. Is that such a bad sin that anyone else has free reign to abuse him and the user agreement with no consequences whatsoever?[/QUOTE"]

If by "controversial" you mean being immature, paranoid, rude and antagonistic then the answer is YES.

As far as the rest, you would have to be an idiot to expect a warm welcome if you breese in here and post nuggets of "wisdom" like Spydercos "suck", that they "belong in a dumpster" and other such gems.

We know better, partner. So don't be surprised if you are all alone crying for your poor, misunderstood friend Tomahawk.

I've toted a Spyderco knife of one kind or another since 1992. Many others here can beat that. I've tried other brands like Benchmade and Cold Steel. They didn't work for me. Spyderco knives DID - everyday, and on every task I used them for.

I'm a gunsmith by trade. I work with police for Houston and the surrounding areas on a daily basis. And I see a LOT of Spyderco knives.......

Maybe the cops here know somethin' ya'll don't?

TR Graham
The Glocksmith
Cannon916

Post by Cannon916 »

Mastiff, try looking at the posts between this one and your last one. Looks like I am goofy, huh? If you need more proof than that, you can look yourself. I do not like to spend hours and hours every day in front of a computer reading thousands of posts. But thank goodness I really didn't have to search very far to get you your "Proof".

Mr Graham, I have no doubt you see plenty of Spyderco's in Texas. That's great.
I guess the cops out there do know something we don't know out here- where to get Spyderco's. There really aren't any stores out here that do carry them. That's probably the main reason I haven't seen any other cop with one.

My Stryker did everything I ever asked it to do, never failed me either, except when I couldn't find it and thought I lost it. :D
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I still have an M2 stryker. It's a really great knife with it's twin ti liners. I've got a D2 version too but it's not one I ever really bonded to much.

As far as your examples go you'll have to do better. It reminds me of Tomahawk himself. He'd start S#!t and then squeak about it when people responded to him in turn. That's exactly what you're doing.

I'll just put this one down as you were mad and made some comments you couldn't back up. I guess we can say , personally speaking, it's time to put you on ignore. You're a waste of time. You should work on that temper BTW. I started out very respectfully speaking to you and would have preferred to keep it that way. See ya, Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
pedro navaja

Post by pedro navaja »

Murdoc wrote:Copy that, GMaggos.

Some people should do us and themselves a favor and use their free time for something different than posting close to 4 posts/day.

For me, it went overboard with the quickly erased "knife wound" thread. Didn't see it? Lucky you.

The benefit of the doubt is long gone. Nuff said.

Dennis

........aaand he's suspended. Finally. Let's hope it stays that way.

Dennis,

You are correct;those who did not see it should consider themselves lucky, after it dissapeared i thought I had a bad dream. I assure you that i'm not a queasy fellow, seen worst but this was not the place to remind us what blades can inflict on others using it the wrong way

Pedro

The world is full of apathy, but I don't care

Arriel
Billy

Post by Billy »

tomahawk23 wrote:Who among you has only one Spyderco knife and Carries and uses that one knife every day?

It seems to me that most of you guys have a whole bunch of these knives.
Are you just collecting to collect?
Is it a matter of Quality or Quantity?
I mean, measuring your knife collection by the foot? Thats kind of obsessive isn't it?

If a Spyderco knife is Such High Quality, wouldn't you only need ONE of them?
Looks like our buddy tomahawk has gotten himself suspended AGAIN. Honestly, I hope they ban him for good.

And Cannon, you are in Florida like myself and tomahawk, so are you indeed tomahawk's bowling alley cop buddy? You seem to be defending him and taking shots at long-time forumites in the process. One of the things I really like about these forums is the lack of drama and level of intelligent discussion and disagreement.

Anyway, to keep it on subject, my answers to the original post are:

1. No. I acquire with the intention of using everything I buy, even if it's only for a week or two. Some are disco'd models that I just really like (aesthetics, color, design philosophy, etc.) and others I buy with a specific purpose in mind, ie, yard knife, beach knife, dress knife, work knife, travel knife, etc. Still others are just variations of something I already have and like, and just want another flavor.

2. Neither. I just get what I like. See above... :rolleyes:

3. Obsessive, maybe, but fun, sure, why not? It's not for me, but it is just another way to share our passion for Spyderco products. You don't have to do it, but don't slam it if it's not harming anyone or anything.

4. This question just makes no sense to me. You cannot judge need for a knife by quality alone. A Cricket is a high quality knife made by Spyderco, but for me, it serves a limited purpose. Same with my Temperance. I will say that for a long time, I did only carry one knife, and it was mostly a Spyderco - my first was a Delica that I carried for probably 8 or 9 years until I bought my second Delica which I carried daily for another 6 or so. Then I got an Adventura which shared time in my FRP with a Kershaw Leek for another 2 years. Then, just this past October, I really "got into" Spyderco and now carry at least two at all times and most often 3 or 4. Admittedly, usually only one sees use on any given day, but other days, all 3 may see cutting time.

So I guess the bottom line is, and I'm sure most here would agree, most of us may only really NEED one, maybe two knives, but it sure is alot more fun to have a whole drawer full to use, look at , play with, etc., and it's a relatively cheap hobby to get into - cheaper than guns, cars, bikes, cameras, scuba diving, etc. I think the real truth is, there's more than just utilitarian value to the Spyderco knives we all own. :cool:
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cannon916

Post by Cannon916 »

After re-reading these posts in this thread, I have come to the conclusion that debate here is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I have provided examples of violations of user agreements, such as posting copywrited materials from other forums, and personal attacks on me and my friend. Heck, I have even been accused of attacking long-time members. All I pointed out was certain behavior, go back and re-read what I posted. I never attacked anyone personally or called them names. If some conveniently choose not to see the evidence I presented, well, that's your problem, it's no longer mine.

Unfortunately, I do not see any shiny footprints here, because if bad behavior gets one member banned, similar behavior should get another banned. I guess the forum owners and moderators condone some bad behavior by ignoring it, as long as they are buying many of their products. Sorry to say, but the proof is in the pudding.

Yes, Tomahawk23 is my friend, I have never denied that or tried to conceal that. I have known him for about 10 years. He and I have something that is sorely lacking here in this forum- a real honest friendship, not a "cyber friendship". I put a whole lot more stock in that than typed words in a virtual world.

I wish everyone here good luck, I have no hard feelings towards anyone but I highly doubt I will ever buy a Spyderco again. What management ignores, they condone, and I just can't support a company who plays favorites.
I detest "forum politics", so I won't be back here, either.

TazKristi, please delete my account.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

Cannon916 wrote:After re-reading these posts in this thread, I have come to the conclusion that debate here is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I have provided examples of violations of user agreements, such as posting copywrited materials from other forums, and personal attacks on me and my friend. Heck, I have even been accused of attacking long-time members. All I pointed out was certain behavior, go back and re-read what I posted. I never attacked anyone personally or called them names. If some conveniently choose not to see the evidence I presented, well, that's your problem, it's no longer mine.

Unfortunately, I do not see any shiny footprints here, because if bad behavior gets one member banned, similar behavior should get another banned. I guess the forum owners and moderators condone some bad behavior by ignoring it, as long as they are buying many of their products. Sorry to say, but the proof is in the pudding.

Yes, Tomahawk23 is my friend, I have never denied that or tried to conceal that. I have known him for about 10 years. He and I have something that is sorely lacking here in this forum- a real honest friendship, not a "cyber friendship". I put a whole lot more stock in that than typed words in a virtual world.

I wish everyone here good luck, I have no hard feelings towards anyone but I highly doubt I will ever buy a Spyderco again. What management ignores, they condone, and I just can't support a company who plays favorites.
I detest "forum politics", so I won't be back here, either.

TazKristi, please delete my account.

wtf ? LMAO if there wasnt spyderco i probably wouldnt even carry a knife seriously
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

tonydahose wrote:hey cannon, there wasnt a problem with this thread, it was the 15 or so derogatory posts in almost every thread that was on the first page earlier, look them up if wish. for the record i have no problems with anyone who uses just one knife be it a spyderco or not.
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder:I gree with yu on this bro...I know my first few threads were affensive to some....Ok...ALL :o , and IMO, some of his posts were effensive with just the titles, but more with content in his threads, and responses, etc :mad: I could be wrong, but I doubt there would be as many, if not no negative coments, or threads/responses about Spyderco on any other blade forum.....I personally find Spyderco, and all that Sal, and his Team does, simpley perfect, and Flawless, but I do not disrespect other manufactures/knife companies, regardless what I may think, or feel.....Simpley RESPECT!
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!
Bear Claw Chris Lappe

Post by Bear Claw Chris Lappe »

Cannon916 wrote:TazKristi, please delete my account.
And the award for best drama queen goes to.....................
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I think this has gone on long enough. How about we discuss knives?

Taz
There is nothing more important than this one day.