ETA of the Urban????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Davereb

ETA of the Urban????

Post by Davereb »

Looking to order a new knife in FG/G10 and am considering a UKPK. That is unless the Urban will be released soon...I don't see a need for 2 slippies and the Urban is a must have for me. Anyways if the Urban is going to be released shortly..I may lean towards the Delica FG/G10.

TIA
Davereb
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Basically, the Urban seems to me like an UKPK with a slightly shorter blade ( perhaps some VERY minor additional differences though).

So, unless you want the Wharncliff variety or are in need of a blade not a tad longer than the Urban's, you will be just fine with a G-10 FG UKPK.

That is, unless you are a collector and just NEED an Urban :)

Dennis
Davereb

Post by Davereb »

I want the Urban mainly because some municipalities have 2.5" blade length restrictions..So the Urban would be the perfect EDC in those areas, where due to the blade length the UKPK would be illegal.

Davereb
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Ah ok.

I was suspecting something like that.

To answer your question: There's no ETA AFAIK (only Sal and the other spydie people could provide one), but I hope it won't be much longer than 1-3 months max from now. Pure guess, though.

I remember them being in the mid-year supplement flyer.... that's a good sign :)

Dennis
VultureParade

Post by VultureParade »

The main difference that the Urban will bring is the ability to mix and match handles and blades. No one is really sure how this is going to work yet, but it should offer a variety of customization options.

I've seen Sal mention that they would try for May in regards to release, but things usually get delayed for a variety of reasons, so I'm hoping for a summer release.

Come on over to theUrban hype thread--all Urban hype, all the time. ;)