Are "want to trade" postings OK?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jeff/1911

Are "want to trade" postings OK?

Post by Jeff/1911 »

Folks,

It occurs to me that I have seldom seen postings here regarding trades wanted/desired. Is this type of post OK?

It is after all, a Spyderco knife wanting to be traded for another...

Jeff/1911.
tique

Post by tique »

I don't remember seeing official comment on the subject, but being a general forum at a company site, I would expect that they are NOT okay. Go to a place where that is welcome if you wish to do so, there are more people there and places set up to accomodate your wishes.

I do not like to see them here, and if one person starts doing it regularly, then someone else will, and pretty soon there will be nothing but I wanna trade/sell this for that posts in the general forum. This degrades the available info by cluttering it with crap, and eats up bandwidth. Further, I imagine if Spyderco wanted to encourage secondary market trading/selling from their site that they would put up a special forum just for this(note that they have not), saving the problems I just mentioned from happening in the general forum.
Jeff/1911

Post by Jeff/1911 »

Tique,

OK. That's kind of what I thought. Thanks for your response. I appreciate your taking the time.

Jeff.
Lsaulog

Post by Lsaulog »

Mail call, Jeff/1911.

"Hope for the best. Be prepared for the worst. You'll never be disappointed."