Lum Chinese Folder - Green or Black?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jay_Ev

Lum Chinese Folder - Green or Black?

Post by Jay_Ev »

Let me start off by saying that I am thrilled to death that the black Lum Chinese folder will be coming out sometime in the future. That being said, I'm wondering if I'm the only one who actually prefers the looks of the green (or blue) version over the looks of the black one. Please don't interpret this as me talking bad about the black Lum, because I'm not. By the way, I don't own any of them, green, blue, black or otherwise. I'm just basing my own personal opinion on pictures I have seen, and to me, I think this particular knife looks best with it's green handles. Thanks :D

Jay
Spyderwings

Post by Spyderwings »

Also basing it only off pictures, I agree that the green is my favorite. That being said, the black Lum looks pretty **** sexy too.
- Jason Dalsgaard
Current Spyders > C81GPBK Para-Military > C14SBK Rescue 93mm > C11P Delica 4 > FB05P Temperance > C29S Cricket > C14OR Full Sized Rescue > C90CF Stretch II > C12SBK Matriarch (VG-10)
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i like the blue and green better but it is what it is...i really like the cranberry one.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

tonydahose wrote:i really like the cranberry one.
I like to believe this knife exists only in myth...

Jay
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Green is my favorite on the Lum too. Blue is very nice also. At this point I really don't mind what color Lum I get. As long as I get one.
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Jay_Ev wrote:I like to believe this knife exists only in myth...

Jay
i have seen the picture...i forget who owns it but it does exist.
My knives
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Was the Cranberry a collaboration with Oceanspray?
Aaron

Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

tonydahose wrote:i have seen the picture...i forget who owns it but it does exist.
:eek: No kidding? Do you happen to know if the knife was made this way by Spyderco, or if the one you have seen was modded that way?

Jay
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i believe made as a gift maybe :confused: :confused: ...done by spyderco i am pretty sure about...somebody will chime in soon with the right info.
My knives
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Tony,

Please forgive me if I am coming across as doubtful (I'm not doubting or disagreeing with you or anyone else on the forum) but are you sure the pic was real? I have seen people who can get downright creative with Adobe Photoshop :D
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Hey Jay. I know this doesn't help, but I may have come across the pic Tony is speaking of. For the life of me I can't remember where I saw it. It looked authentic to me, not photoshop. Tony is probably searching for it right now.
Aaron

drf

Post by drf »

I have to give another vote to the green one. I love the color and the way mine sticks out in a drawer full of black knives.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

actually i tried "cranberry lum" and didnt get a hit but i remember the thread and IIRC it was real not a photojob.
My knives
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

2 Cranberry Lums only in existence. "Special Lums' for 2 special people :) (not me :( )

The forumites who have them can pipe up if they so wish. These 'unicorn' Lums were one-offs .... or two-off in this case.

Cranberry Lum is very nice looking. I like the Blue and the Green Lums myself. HOWEVER, It seems my EDC habits are to go firstly to the Black handled ones. So the Black Lum will be grabbed, pimped, and carried by yours truly when they come out...... ummm..... any year now :p And it has been a few years coming.

I wouldn't be expecting them to be out before 4th Qtr of 2008 though. Spyderco really has done an outstanding job trying to keep up with the demands of every day production on their bread n butter stuff whilst also managing to satisfy the apetite of most of us afi's.

I love Spyderco :D
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Slatts

Post by Slatts »

From my perspective, every Lum Chinese is special whether it be blue, green, black, VG-10 or ZDP189. I've had blue and green and now anxiously anticipate the black one. It's a fantastic knife. Hopefully :spyder: will keep it in the lineup ad infinitum.
griff76

Post by griff76 »

The answer to the elusive Cranberry Lum is located on page 16 of "Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread"
The link to the thread with the photo of the knife has oddly been disabled. I believe it belongs to a Swedish friend of ours. I had the photo saved to my computer, but recently lost it (with alot of other pics :( ) It is a shame these never made it to the shelves. Beautiful knife!!!
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.p ... +bombshell
"There was never a good knife made out of bad steel"
-Benjamin Franklin
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i love chinese folders and i dont even own one, so i cant wait for the new black one , ill find the others on ebay im sure
ryan28801

blue lum

Post by ryan28801 »

I'd have to say I'm particularly fond of the Blue Lums. Green is a close second and the Black looks good too. I think for the most part, if Bob Lum collaborated on it, I like it.
I was very happy when I got the pictured Lum on ebay. I got it from a pawn broker and it was described as having surface scratches, that was OK because I wanted a user, I already had a green and blue NIB in the safe but was horrified at the thought of using them. The picture was VERY poor, yes, even worse than the crummy one I took! Imagine my surprise when it showed up with this cute dragon on it (surface scratches, huh?). Maybe someone here will recognize the knife?
The dragon is etched on as far as I can tell...somebody did a nice job of it. It has been riding in my pocket for more than a year on a regular basis and seems to be holding up pretty well. BTW, this has to be my favorite of my EDC rotation....on the days I'm not carrying the Lum I have a Para-Military with the black S30V blade....and some days I have both.
So....just thought I'd share. :D

amen74

Post by amen74 »

Ryan. That's a great EDC Lum. It's such a cool design. Thanks for the pic.
Aaron

shabbasuraj

Post by shabbasuraj »

ryan28801 wrote:
Nice......