Your very first Spyderco was a _____?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

a Pair of Co-Pilots.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
OuchThatsSharp

Post by OuchThatsSharp »

My introduction to Spyderco was about 2 or 3 years ago with the Native III PE. I still carry that first one!
It's better to have knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it.
[SIGPIC]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145 ... opelli.jpg[/SIGPIC]
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

Ditto on the Native PE approx 10 months ago.

Regards,

BUG
4evrbad

Post by 4evrbad »

my first, i actually bought 3 q's two solid and one with the spydie still have 2 of em.
olorin15

Post by olorin15 »

SE FRN Dragonfly I bought when I lived in Japan over 10 years ago.
Dopeler effect - the tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter, when they come at you rapidly.
kimjune01

Post by kimjune01 »

Firebyrd. Stolen at gym class.
deeker

Post by deeker »

First generation Delica. It resides in the Netherlands, currently... in very good hands. :D
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

deeker wrote:First generation Delica. It resides in the Netherlands, currently... in very good hands. :D
You bet ;) :D
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
cdf

Post by cdf »

An original early eighties @82 worker .

Chris
devoz

Post by devoz »

After lurking for quite a while what better thread to first post than this one? My first Spyderco experience was with a Dragonfly I received as a christmas gift. It sat quietly in my drawer for years before biting me full force with the Spyderco bug!
tap

Post by tap »

My first was a set of fraternal twins. They are about 14 months old. BRG D4 ZDP. One with a full set of choppers and one with only the lower jaw filled in. At first when they were closed you couldn't tell them apart. But they have both been modified and the one with more teeth sees more of the world.
Don't leave earth without some teeth. I carry a knife to open a can of worms.
amen74

Post by amen74 »

devoz wrote:After lurking for quite a while what better thread to first post than this one? My first Spyderco experience was with a Dragonfly I received as a christmas gift. It sat quietly in my drawer for years before biting me full force with the Spyderco bug!
The Dragonfly was my second ever Spyderco purchase.

Better later than never! Welcome to the forums devoz! Enjoy your stay!
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
Griz

Post by Griz »

My first Spyderco was a Worker. I carried it for many years before I retired it.

Now I carry my Dragonfly or Caly3.
s.c.

Post by s.c. »

Mine was a third generation, frn, plain edged Delica. I only got it after reading about them over on bladeforums. I had two Benchmade axis locks and was wanting to start a collection (not counting crap from my youth), and it seemed that the Delica was a common knife in many collections. I hesitated at first, it looked awkward, seemed kinda cheap, and was a traditional lockback which seemed a step backwards after my two BM axis locks.

First thing that got me was the incredible sharpness. Next was that it felt light, not cheap, and I really appreciated that. And that awkward shape made so much sense as soon as I handled it. Needless to say, I was hooked; and now the majority of my collection is Spyderco.

That particular Delica had the most incredible lock up I'd ever seen in any type of lock. Unfortunately, its gone. While travelling through Europe, the first stop was London and I had it in my backpack. I was unaware of the non-locking blade requirement there, and I went through the metal detectors at the House of Commons. I pleaded with guards armed with rifles to let me bring it back to the hostel and not carry it around England. I have not found a D3 that has the same lock up as that one did.
lost tasman

Post by lost tasman »

Mine was a blue Endura 4 Wave.
spyderskin

Post by spyderskin »

Here she is, old clip-it delica w/ black blade/Fully serrated.. Not sure what generation, but shes gone, I sold her to Mr. Taylor in Canada, so I know she is being taken care of...
Spyderskin A.K.A. hissatsu1 :spyder:
Blood Soaked Serrations!, Thats how I roll...:cool:
Willamette

Post by Willamette »

I too recently registered and agree with Devoz, what a great topic for a first post.

My first Spyderco knife was a blue FRN ladybug with a combo edge. Not sure which year it was, maybe early 1990's. The Spyder-Edge and simple/elegant/functional round hole was what lured me into the brand and I've been hooked ever since. Initially I wasn't into collecting, mostly just using so I have not acquired a large number of Spyderco knives over the years, just ones that fit my needs for specific tasks.

My Dragonfly has had the most duty time as an EDC for the last ten years or more and it's just as solid a performer as the day I bought it.

My Rescue knives have been in active duty for ten years as PFD safety knives during freshwater touring Kayaking.

My Ladybug II is my first "collectible," at least rarer than my other knives (which are all still in regular production).

Recent purchases include a SS Dragonfly, Paramilitary, SS Cricket, Gen3 Ladybug, and an Endura.

devoz wrote:After lurking for quite a while what better thread to first post than this one? My first Spyderco experience was with a Dragonfly I received as a christmas gift. It sat quietly in my drawer for years before biting me full force with the Spyderco bug!
dialex

Post by dialex »

My very first was the diminutive yet powerful Ladybug (black, CE). Still have it on the keyring, fully functional, I may add :D
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
fede

Post by fede »

Mine was a PE Tenacious... It was love at first sight.
fede.
asfaltpiloot

Post by asfaltpiloot »

The Delica 4 - C11PSFG
It got me hooked on the Spyderco steel.
Robert

"Never leave home without a knife,
one day it may save a life"