Who edc's their Endura?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MANIXWORLD

Who edc's their Endura?

Post by MANIXWORLD »

This question is a sensitive one,because im sure there's alot of us who would realy love to edc their beloved Endura,but knifelaws/restrictions prohibet us from doing so,and ofcourse that SUCKS.
I love the size of the Endura,and its bladelength/handlelength for cutting jobs are perfect.
the weight ratio is also perfect for a knife of this size.
this model Spydie is quite underrated where the Delica and Caly3 gets the spotlight everytime.
i guess the Delica and Caly3 is more people and sometimes user friendly,so people wont stare at the size of this one.big things usually scare people,u know..
if you realy want to show Spydie pride,i feel wearing a bigger Spyderco,will speak for itself,in a good way.
so does the Endura find a first place choice in your edc?
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I'm usually carrying my Krein flatgrind ZDP Endura, along with a few Millies and other odds and ends. Four inch blade is legal limit here, so the Police models have to stay home.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Well, yes, once upon a time, and no, not recently. It's time to change that, though...

The first Endura I ever owned (an FRN SE with molded clip) was ECDed for a while. However, I foolishly no longer have it.

When the Endura 4 FRN came along, I bought it in PE and SE, as well as the Delica 4 FRN in PE and SE (to me the Endura and Delica go together... if I buy one, I buy the other along with it). However, for my big blade EDC, I've always favored one of the Golden, Colorado, knives (Military, Manix, and now Para-Military). The Enduras pretty much have sat in the SpyderPac because I really like the feeling of pride, comfort, and security of having a big blade Golden on me; however, I do feel I'm neglecting my Enduras. :( Well, things are going to change starting tonight...

The Endura 4 FRN PE currently occupies the forward position of my LRP as I type. That's where my first Endura used to ride years ago. My Delica 4 FRN SE has relocated to the rear of my LFP. The Military S30V G-10 PE is back in rotation and has it's traditional spot at the rear of my RFP with the P'Kal S30V standing by in the forward position of my RFP (my "home defense" ECD :) ). For my "work" EDC, the Delica 4 FRN in PE and SE tag along with one of the Golden big blades. I believe it's time for big brother Endura 4 FRN PE or SE to come along as well. :)

Excellent thread!
TR Graham

Post by TR Graham »

Come to Texas. Carrying an Endura (EDC for me) or even a Police won't raise an eyebrow, even in urban areas like Houston.

TR Graham
The Glocksmith
carrot

Post by carrot »

I don't carry it every day, but it does see pocket time. Today I carried it the entire day, and kept forgetting it was there. But generally speaking when I want a larger blade I usually grab the Millie.
Latest :spyder: -- Blurple Para2
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

Another reason,im asking the question on edc'ng the Endura,is because its actualy real comfortable for edc'ng a larger knife.Alot of other big knives are great,but it ends up feeling like you are carrying a sword.
the Endura is just that perfect size,if you find your Delica's blade a bit on the short side for certain cutting needs.
the endura is quite perfect for a EDC knife IMO..
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

The 4th Gen Endura's do nothing for me in terms of ergo's :( , so if I want to carry a bigger blade it's my S30V Military/SE and more often than not lately, my SS Police/SE.

The only reason I don't carry those in public is the "raised eye brows" issue :o :(

So today it's gonna be my SS Dragonfly/SE in VG1:)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I have had a Endura in my pocket since 92. Needless to say the one I've got today is a bit upgraded ( BRG, ZDP SE). I still occasionally pull out my old one 92 and carry it. It's in perfect shape with FRN clip.

I carry other knives in addition to my enduras, but never instead of them. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Billy

Post by Billy »

Lately my main EDC has been a Military. Yesterday, I had to go to my daughter's baton competition so I grabbed my pink E4. Came in handy several times for cutting grip tape to wrap baton handles as well as slicing a bagel in half for a nice mid-morning snack. :)

Basically, I don't carry them as often as I carry my Militarys, but they are always the #1 choice when I feel like something different. My favorite Endura is definitely the G-10 FFG version.
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Shike

Post by Shike »

TR Graham wrote:Come to Texas. Carrying an Endura (EDC for me) or even a Police won't raise an eyebrow, even in urban areas like Houston.

TR Graham
The Glocksmith
:D I had to go to the courthouse for some permits and as I am about to go thru the lobby I discovered that they now have a metal detector (before they were only in actual courtrooms). I took a step back and then thought what the ****. I went up to the police officer and told him I was packing. He asked: Do you have a permit? Okay, no problem, step around, remove the weapon and unload it and follow me.
He then took me back to the sheriff's office, had me place all my stuff in a locker and handed me the key. Then he commented on my carry piece and the Spiderco Pro-venator :D . I did my thing , picked up my stuff and got a Have a nice day sir! God, I love this country!

I solve the problem of scaring sheeple by carrying 2 knives. One is only for emergency and SD the other a Victorinox or some other small folder for when I have to use a knife in front of others. I have been doing these since, since........ never mind that! :D Never had anyone raise an eyebrow. Just like I make it a point to never flash the gun or have it print thru my clothing.

Shike
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: FFG g-10 e4&d4 are my edc of late. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Tank

Post by Tank »

Lately I have had an E4 CE on me everyday along with an Adventura. It's been a very nice combo. I dont worry to much about knife laws for the most part. I am not out to cause trouble or draw attention to myself so it really never crosses my mind.
-John
catamount

Post by catamount »

I have been EDCing my FG G-10 E4 right side (I am left-handed), lately. It's, a very nice, useful :spyder: , but I miss a finger choil. I'll probably replace it with a Police 3 when they come out.

Being in Vermont, blade length laws are not an issue.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
jedikniht7

Post by jedikniht7 »

EDCing the endura since 1996. I feel naked without it and i am on my 3rd one which is the E4. Lost my first one in 11th grade english or history class (oops!) Still have my second one ( i gave it a rest). I luv how slender the E4 is and the jibbing on the back side of the blade. It seems like the E4 Is a little less tuff around the pivot area as the older models though. Next i will either go for the g10 ffg or go for a military.
Gollum

Post by Gollum »

I EDC my Wave 90% of the time since I got it over a year ago now.
tomahawk23

Post by tomahawk23 »

I would like an SS Endura SE to EDC... Right now I carry a SS PE police. The law in Florida states "Ordinary pocket knife", there is no size limit. Before, I carried my Cold Steel 5in Voyager, which my friends called my "Pocket bowie".
Every weekend night at the bowling ally we have a cop present... Whenever I meet them I ask, "So, what kind of knife do you carry?" They always look at me surprised, like I have X-Ray vision or something... Then we compare knives. Its actually pretty fun.
ClockWork

Post by ClockWork »

I carry my CE Endura4 very often.

I usually will have either the E4, or the BM 5000s in my pocket. However, if something bad goes down, I feel allot better with the Endura.
I have a Waved Full Serrated Endura on Pre-Order. I am guessing that when I get that, It will become my most commonly carried knife.

On the topic of "Too big" I find my CE Military too big to carry around. I just don't feel comfortable with it. And honestly, I feel better with a Endura than a Military.

I will often also carry a smaller knife in my hoodie/back pocket. Like a Dragonfly/Cricket/Subcom/Twitch 2. Then I dont have to whip out a bigger knife and scare NKP. And allot of times, the Cricket is much more suited to cutting task than the larger whatever is in my pocket.

--- My 2 cents......

Clock
:) Favorites: Black Paramil w/ D2 blade, PE Mini-Manix, S90v Military, Civilian, SE Dodo, PE Police, Sage

Vist my eBay store: Life and Liberty Gear
Tactical & MOLLE gear, Headgear and more

stores.ebay.com/Life-and-Liberty-Gear
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i carry my zdp one everyday at work and usually downgrade to a delica for off duty.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Reading the posts in this thread kinda makes me want to get an Endura. Actually, I would already have one (or 2) if I didn't get into this hobby so late. Being somewhat new to Spyderco collecting, I am still playing "catch up" trying to get some of the discontinued models, while knives that are readily available (like the Endura) get pushed to the back burner.

Jay
Jarhead90

Post by Jarhead90 »

I have been carrying my Endura (SE) since the early 90's and I love it, broken
clip and all.