Another pimped spyderfly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cardoso5fr

Another pimped spyderfly

Post by cardoso5fr »

A friend send me another Spyderfly with a 440c blade :) , just in order i pimped it.

I cut the ring, straigt the handle, put away the "coating" on the handle. I regrind the heel of the blade in order to have something in Charles Marlowe work spirit.
I regrind totaly the blade to obtain a razor. (as all the other spyderco are out of the box)
It flip really well now. The bushing give a real fluidity to the flip. Without the overweight of the ring, that give really a fast flip. I love that.
Thank you for looking :)
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

ouch... doesn't look like a spyderfly anymore!!!! poor little bali!

reminds me of a de-horned gunting i saw on here once. to each his own, i guess...
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: I don't get it, if you want a 42 why not just buy a 42? :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
kraziekurtis

Post by kraziekurtis »

What's with the recent influx of these sorts of posts? Yesterday it was the brutalized Endura I turned Tanto and today it's this.

Are you an aspiring knife maker/modifier?
:spyder:
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

Personally, I like the Spdie hole in the handle.

However, I would recommend doing something to hide the clip-cutouts. If they're not going to be used and you already modified the knife...
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I guess I am the only one that likes it.
I am not a fan of knives with large or curved butt ends.
I saw a Military once that someone took some of the hump off the rear of the scale and it looked much better.
As far as mods go its to each his own,if you like it that is all that matters.
Have you thought about cutting the little notches for the stop pin deeper so the handles will close more?
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
Spydiman

Post by Spydiman »

You don't like large or curved butts? :confused:
".........I've been called an "enemy of the planet" for not living within walking distance of where I work and shop - by a guy with six kids! Needless to say he was a bit upset when I suggested he walk home and drown four or five of them."

-The Deacon
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I knew it when I typed it. :rolleyes:
Not on knives that is.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Removal of the holes makes it not a Spyderfly in my opinion.

Not a fan of it. I like the factory ones better. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

IMO

Just seems the magic of Spyderco left that knife and now it is just a piece of metal. To each his own i guess.

aj
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
Spyderwings

Post by Spyderwings »

Nice bali cardoso5fr.

While it is not a Spyderfly anymore, except for the blade, I like it. It may not be a collector anymore, but if you want to use the bali for manipulation, then this looks like it would be great. I don't see why you guys are having such a negative response to it. If he wants the balisong to be a flipper, and this makes it better at that job, then what is the problem?

Don't mean to be rude, but this is just my opinion.
- Jason Dalsgaard
Current Spyders > C81GPBK Para-Military > C14SBK Rescue 93mm > C11P Delica 4 > FB05P Temperance > C29S Cricket > C14OR Full Sized Rescue > C90CF Stretch II > C12SBK Matriarch (VG-10)
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

It's OK, but I couldn't bring myself to do that to my Spyderfly.

Jay
KaliGman

Bali

Post by KaliGman »

Spyderwings wrote:Nice bali cardoso5fr.

While it is not a Spyderfly anymore, except for the blade, I like it. It may not be a collector anymore, but if you want to use the bali for manipulation, then this looks like it would be great. I don't see why you guys are having such a negative response to it. If he wants the balisong to be a flipper, and this makes it better at that job, then what is the problem?

Don't mean to be rude, but this is just my opinion.
I think because: a) it was collectible b) Michael hit it pretty close to home--why not buy a Benchmade? c) while for flipping speed in the "game" aspect of bali work this modification makes quite a bit of sense (Card is a knifemaker and a good flipper--I've seen some video of his Bali manipulations), for the combative aspects of balisong use, the heavy handles of the Spyderfly and the holes on the end of the handles can be advantages, and the spring-action latch is great for deployment under stress.
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
jedikniht7

Post by jedikniht7 »

does anyone know where I can get a spyderfly? I really want one. i've got the spyderfly fever.
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: I think that would be better Spyderiginal :D No disrespect though :)
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!