Stainless Steel "Native","Endura" for MBC ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Allen E. Treat

Stainless Steel "Native","Endura" for MBC ?

Post by Allen E. Treat »

To : MBC forumites

I was recently exploring "MBC" and was

wondering if any of you forumite(s)

used the SS "Native", "Endura","Delica" or

otherwise for MBC ? I was thinking of

the SS "Native" for myself ; the weight

difference is more than 1 oz. for the

SS version, and seeing MBC employment

would have the knife used as an

"impact" weapon I thought the idea

rather grand. Any idea(s).

A.E.T.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I don't know about a SS handle Native. For me, the Native doesn't protrude much when held in my hand (closed), so for me there isn't much handle for striking and such. And I don't like SS handles in MBC knives, since they tend to get slippery. Maybe you have smaller hands, so that you can make the native work as an impact weapon. If you can, I would suggest to handle one first.

Wouter
Nicholls

Post by Nicholls »

Allen,
I've been carrying the S.S. version of the "Native" for around 6 mos. and have found it to be a very comfortable daily carry knife and very functional with daily chores. No MBC chores as yet luckily. I think it is short for an impact tool. Yesterday I bought the S.S. version of the "Endura" at our local gun show and would suggest that as a better MBC impact choice. It has a great feel due the extra weight and handle shape. The extra reach and shape of the blade is an added plus also. Be careful, I think S.S. versions of "Spydies" can be addictive.

Be safe,
Nicholls
Nicholls

Post by Nicholls »

Allen,
I've been carrying the S.S. version of the "Native" for around 6 mos. and have found it to be a very comfortable daily carry knife and very functional with daily chores. No MBC chores as yet luckily. I think it is short for an impact tool. Yesterday I bought the S.S. version of the "Endura" at our local gun show and would suggest that as a better MBC impact choice. It has a great feel due the extra weight and handle shape. The extra reach and shape of the blade is an added plus also. Be careful, I think S.S. versions of "Spydies" can be addictive.

Be safe,
Nicholls