Carbon Fiber Caly 3 - In Stock?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jmazzi

Carbon Fiber Caly 3 - In Stock?

Post by jmazzi »

Does anyone know where i can get one of these? Everyone seems to be out of them (except ebay for 175).
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

jmazzi wrote:Does anyone know where i can get one of these? Everyone seems to be out of them (except ebay for 175).
Well, theres always Country Knives. Of course they're asking $250 for it. $175 is not really that bad a price for something where the demand exceeds the supply of "bargains".
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

You could try
Here $133
But I have never purchased from there before so I can't say if the are good or bad.

-Jay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Cuttingedge

Post by Cuttingedge »

I succeeded at Qknives....quick and easy
:D :spyder: Ben
pazzo

Post by pazzo »

Qknives for me too... i should be expecting my CF Caly 3 in about a week :p
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Gentlemen, I wish you the best of luck. I will admit I have never dealt with Qknives and have not heard any negative reports about them. It does, however, seem odd to me that a place offering prices considerably lower than the average $155 - $160 average discount price for a low-supply / high demand knife with a $250 MSRP would still have them available when those selling it at the average discount have been sold out for a while. But perhaps you've stumbled across a yet to be discovered deep discounter, stranger things have happened and good fortune occasionally shines on someone. Please let us know if you actually receive your knives. I sincerely hope you do, but placing an order and receiving a confirmation email means next to nothing, even shipping notices are not always worth the electrons it too to deliver them to one's inbox.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
LowTEC

Post by LowTEC »

and the fact the photo they show is a regular G10 version :p
LBK3S|C52BK|C106PYL|745|943|C08CFS|C52m|C36GPBK|C10GPFG|1003UBK2|14210|C123CFP|C81FG
C28WH|1600DAM|C105|RC4S|C51GPFG|1735OR|830675|C90CF|C123TIP|CS97KMS|BRKT-CS|BRKT-MC
BRKT-LC3V|C101XHP
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

I recetnly ordered a Caly Jr from Q knives and received an order confirmation and then heard nothing for several days until I got some update telling me I could check the status of my order by clicking a link. When I did, it said the order was canceled, although I had to look hard to figure that out.

I believe that they list many items that are not in stock, take orders, and then cancel them. I have found this to be the case with many Yahoo storefronts.
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

if you dont mind a used one check out KnifeBST.com in the for sale section.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
pazzo

Post by pazzo »

The Deacon wrote:Gentlemen, I wish you the best of luck. I will admit I have never dealt with Qknives and have not heard any negative reports about them. It does, however, seem odd to me that a place offering prices considerably lower than the average $155 - $160 average discount price for a low-supply / high demand knife with a $250 MSRP would still have them available when those selling it at the average discount have been sold out for a while. But perhaps you've stumbled across a yet to be discovered deep discounter, stranger things have happened and good fortune occasionally shines on someone. Please let us know if you actually receive your knives. I sincerely hope you do, but placing an order and receiving a confirmation email means next to nothing, even shipping notices are not always worth the electrons it too to deliver them to one's inbox.
interesting view. i too hope i receive my knife, and will let everybody know when (if) it comes in!
on the flip side, i've ordered many spyderco's from EmergencyOptions http://www.emergencyoptions.com/catalog ... e=C113CFPE
and like Qknives, i have never heard of them before i started dealing w/ them. sure, i was a bit skeptic at first... until my packages started arriving on time!

i guess i'm a week away from knowing anything. all i know now is that i ordered the Caly 3 yesterday, and it has apparently been shipped this morning. but like you said, my email confirmation really does mean nothing.
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

I'd be very interested to see what happens. I noticed that the prices for most of the Spyercos that Qknives stock are extremely cheap - almost too good to be true. I hope you get your knives.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

pazzo wrote:interesting view. i too hope i receive my knife, and will let everybody know when (if) it comes in!
on the flip side, i've ordered many spyderco's from EmergencyOptions http://www.emergencyoptions.com/catalog ... e=C113CFPE
i have ordered from emergencyoptions before with no problems.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

Any update on whether you received the knives from Qknives?
pazzo

Post by pazzo »

telemeister wrote:Any update on whether you received the knives from Qknives?
haha no. it's only been 3 days!! i'm expecting them sometime next week at the absolute earliest. maybe friday 21st if i'm lucky... or even monday 24th (or in that week somewhere).
i'll let ya know ;)
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

pazzo wrote:haha no. it's only been 3 days!! i'm expecting them sometime next week at the absolute earliest. maybe friday 21st if i'm lucky... or even monday 24th (or in that week somewhere).
i'll let ya know ;)
:eek: sorry, i just noticed that. Although, waiting 3 days for new spydies is far too long!! Sadly, down here, we must wait many, many weeks for stuff from the US or EU :( . I'm waiting on a UK Penknife, a Rescue, and Assist and an Endura which I ordered about 10 days ago, and even though I know they take a while to get here, I hate the waiting!!
pazzo

Post by pazzo »

telemeister wrote: :eek: sorry, i just noticed that. Although, waiting 3 days for new spydies is far too long!! Sadly, down here, we must wait many, many weeks for stuff from the US or EU :( . I'm waiting on a UK Penknife, a Rescue, and Assist and an Endura which I ordered about 10 days ago, and even though I know they take a while to get here, I hate the waiting!!
ouch, sorry to hear that. the fastest i've received a package (Busse NO E) was about 4 days!! that's amazing. :p
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

pazzo wrote:Qknives for me too... i should be expecting my CF Caly 3 in about a week :p
Did you get your Caly Pazzo?
pazzo

Post by pazzo »

telemeister wrote:Did you get your Caly Pazzo?
haha. actually, i think it came in (well, one of my Spyderco's came in). i went to pick up my mom from the airport (coming from Australia), and i missed the Canada Post lady... darn. now i have to pick it up "tomorrow after 1300".

don't worry tho, i'll let ya know tomorrow when i get home from wrk!
pazzo

Post by pazzo »

so i decided to call the post office just to see if my package arrived, and the lady started by telling me that if it wasn't in, i would have to wait until Tuesday :eek:
so i gave her my name, and sure enough the package had JUST came in 10 mins prior to my call... cool :)

when i got home i opened it... and to my surprise, i wasn't as impressed as i thought i'd be. actually, i kinda like the G10 Caly 3 better (well almost). the reason i feel this way is cause the carbon fiber looks fake (is it even real?). i thought it'd be the actual carbon fiber found on cars hoods. u know, the cool looking canvas kind where you can actually see the interlaced/ weaved fibers. now i know there's many kinds of carbon fiber, but this one looks kinda like those fake accents found in interiors of Honda Civics (sorry guys).
i just HOPE my CF PE Harpy/ Civilian aren't like this, when they come in next Tuesday!!?
so overall, i really like the CF Caly 3, only i'm a little displeased w/ the CF handle.

oh, what is that line running down the blade on these models? (two different types of metals fused together??)

so here it is:

LowTEC

Post by LowTEC »

Don't worry, these are the real deal, with different finish. These are matte finish which I like the most as it is more classy and very scratch resistant, to me at least. The harpy does have the car-type glossy finish which you desire, I have one of each but I don't know how durable the glossy finish is as one scratch will really show on glossy surface, therefore my harpy is the only safe queen I have. I love both, but I love matte finish that much better
LBK3S|C52BK|C106PYL|745|943|C08CFS|C52m|C36GPBK|C10GPFG|1003UBK2|14210|C123CFP|C81FG
C28WH|1600DAM|C105|RC4S|C51GPFG|1735OR|830675|C90CF|C123TIP|CS97KMS|BRKT-CS|BRKT-MC
BRKT-LC3V|C101XHP