Police model for lefties

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kevininstructor

Police model for lefties

Post by kevininstructor »

Anyone know if there are plans for them in the future? I just love the Police model, have a SS model for years and has served me well.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Haven't heard anything about a LH Police. However, there are a number of people who could drill and tap your current SS Police, or a brand new one, for left hand carry. One I can highly recommend is STR.

There is also a new, "Police 3" coming out later this year, but it's quite different from the original. Full flat ground blade, G-10 scales over dual steel liners, drilled for clip mounting on all four corners, and a 50/50 finger choil. It's full ambi straight out of the box.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
kevininstructor

Post by kevininstructor »

The Deacon wrote:Haven't heard anything about a LH Police. However, there are a number of people who could drill and tap your current SS Police, or a brand new one, for left hand carry. One I can highly recommend is STR.

There is also a new, "Police 3" coming out later this year, but it's quite different from the original. Full flat ground blade, G-10 scales over dual steel liners, drilled for clip mounting on all four corners, and a 50/50 finger choil. It's full ambi straight out of the box.
Thanks for the intel Deacon! Think I will wait for the "Police 3" and grab that when it comes out.
pmel018

Post by pmel018 »

Hi Deacon
saw the Police 3 at the Leeds show. It will be a very nice knife, although without the crisp lines of the original knife. Maybe the production version will be finished to the usual Spyderco standard
Phil