Historic Day at Spyderco!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
squad314

Post by squad314 »

Congratulations...That's a beautiful thing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
eljay

Post by eljay »

That's very cool!

And people really should cut Golden some slack - it's typical city government - they put in some rules that seem like a good idea, and when an exception comes up it's not always really straightforward to let a good project to go through while at the same time being fair to everybody else.
redback

Post by redback »

Would someone slap a spirit level on that flagpole please? It looks off vertical a degree or two to me.

And remove the Made in China label from the flag too ;)
My Spyderco knives: C95 Manix (x2), Dragonfly, Endura, Rescue, S1 Salt (x2) (EDC), Flat Byrd, Tenacious
Other: BM Rukus (x2)(EDC), BM Skirmish, BM Mini-Griptilian, Fallkniven S1, CS Spike, Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Covert, Gerber LMF II Infantry Knife, CS Finn Bear, Ontario RAT-7 (x2), many Ontario machetes
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Good on ya Sal and all involved. As always a class act, proven once again.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Tricod wrote:Anyone else notice the guy that floating in the picture with Sal. :D
David Lowry wrote:And also.....what's up with the dude floating beside the bricks in the picture with Sal?

Kinda neat, yet weird. :)
Halfneck wrote:But I am curious about the picture with Sal in it that has a guy apparently floating.
Well, we didn't want "those" to get out yet, but obviously it slipped. Those are special hover-shoes... :eek:

Keep it hush-hush for now though ok? ;)

Taz
There is nothing more important than this one day.
JspyEDC

Post by JspyEDC »

Great pics, and I noticed the new Military Spyderco Hats at least look that they might be in...? When are you putting them on the Big Brown Truck?
Spyderco Collector #162
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

JspyEDC wrote:Great pics, and I noticed the new Military Spyderco Hats at least look that they might be in...? When are you putting them on the Big Brown Truck?
:spyder: Nice flag. I'm looking foward to the BDU style hats as well. :) :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
bladese97

Absolutly Awesome!!!!!!

Post by bladese97 »

:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: That is absolutley stuning....Just magnifisent....Just Spyderific :cool: It's a honor to look at this thread :spyder: Thank you Kristi, and all @ Spyderco for sharing such an honorable, and memorible event!!! We all enjoyed, and appreciate the pix :cool: I will visit this thread often :D
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!
bladese97

Purely American!!!

Post by bladese97 »

TazKristi wrote:And finally...

:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: What I find most intriging, and very honorable is the focus, and determination from the people who worked to make this possible, to not let our Flag touch the ground :cool: Even if it is Golden ground :D
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Very, very cool. I would imagine it takes quite a windy day to get a flag that size blowing in the breeze.

-Jay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

so does some lucky intern get the job of folding that thing up everyday??
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Jay,
It was pretty cool, when the flag was first raised, there was very little wind. We all "cheered" for the wind to blow and sure enough, it did. Even though it wasn't the "official" raising of the flag, it was still very inspiring.

Domanfp,
Actually, due to the size, it will take a minimum of 6 people to raise / lower this flag.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
snuffaluff

Post by snuffaluff »

w00t w00t! (that's a real word now) Great pictures of a great event! I hope you post some more of the "official" raising and of course some night shot w/ your special lights.
Simona

Post by Simona »

Simply say:
Join The :spyder: Forum

ragingwolf66

Post by ragingwolf66 »

Thank You Kristi, Sal Gail, Eric and the whole Spyderco Crew. You made this retired Sailors Day! God Bless the U.S.A...and Spyderco!
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Thank you Spyderco! A class act indeed!
Jurphaas :)
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Very nice! :) Great to see the spirit of Fort McHenry waving proudly at Spyderco. Thanks, Kristi, for sharing these pictures! And, thanks Sal and the Spyderco crew for all you do!