Always Try To Have That Spyderedge Standing By

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MANIXWORLD

Always Try To Have That Spyderedge Standing By

Post by MANIXWORLD »

At work this morning in the kitchen,needed a plastic scouring pad to clean my oven,before starting the menu for the day.
I had my Caly3 G10 plain and my D4W plain on me.Had to cut thru the scouring pad,so that i had a smaller piece for easier handling for the task at hand.
The blades on both my plainedge Caly3 and D4W are real sharp,but could get thru the thick plastic scourer,that easy.
i then reached for my Delica 4 serrated and it sliced thru the scouring pad,with such ease,like it was soft butter.
Hale the spyderedge once again and never leave home without it.
Spyderwings

Post by Spyderwings »

Ya, certain materials really do 'require' a spyder edge. Thats why I always like to have a PE and SE with me.
- Jason Dalsgaard
Current Spyders > C81GPBK Para-Military > C14SBK Rescue 93mm > C11P Delica 4 > FB05P Temperance > C29S Cricket > C14OR Full Sized Rescue > C90CF Stretch II > C12SBK Matriarch (VG-10)
kimjune01

Post by kimjune01 »

Last time I cut a non-metal scouring pad, I used PE. The Vg10 got dull that way after cutting it a few times :p
anthonyc

Post by anthonyc »

i try to keep atleast a se cricket with me for times like that. i find that a se always comes in handy.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

MANIXWORLD wrote:At work this morning in the kitchen,needed a plastic scouring pad to clean my oven,before starting the menu for the day.
I had my Caly3 G10 plain and my D4W plain on me.Had to cut thru the scouring pad,so that i had a smaller piece for easier handling for the task at hand.
The blades on both my plainedge Caly3 and D4W are real sharp,but could get thru the thick plastic scourer,that easy.
i then reached for my Delica 4 serrated and it sliced thru the scouring pad,with such ease,like it was soft butter.
Hale the spyderedge once again and never leave home without it.
:D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
dialex

Post by dialex »

My current EDC is a PE, but I always keep in my backpack a SE Delica. It's the ultimate backup tool. :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
D-Roc

Post by D-Roc »

Scouring pad is ok to cut through- just don't cut emery paper. I did that with Police one time and had to re shape the tip with a stone. :(
:spyder: MEMBRE DE L'ORDRE INTERNATIONALE SPYDEREDGE :spyder:
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: I totaly agree man; I developed a real passion for the Spyderedge quite some time ago, and never leave home without my Salt Saver, and Caly3/se :spyder: Spyderco's Spyderedge...Allways a good decision :D
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

The Spydie Edge is really good for heavy duty work. I have used it to cut through antenna/network cabling, ivy and wisteria and 20mm sisal ropes, all without a single problem. I have always been a fan of plain edges, but since discovering :spyder: I'm starting to convert!
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

You can realy appreciate the cuttingpower of the Spyderedge,after all in a short blade you'l have the same cutting length ability as a longer plainedge blade.
in any given rescue situation,i will def.reach for a spyderedge first.
diceman

Post by diceman »

My only CE spydie is my Manix - and that spyder edge portion does come in handy very frequently. I don't generally like or use serrations - but when you do need them, you really need them!
My New Addiction... :eek:
:spyder: Lil' Temerance PE Rhino :spyder: C95 Manix CE :spyder: C95 Manix PE :spyder: Lava :spyder: Native III PE :spyder: Native PE :spyder: Waved Endura, & Byrd Cara Cara G10 PE
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

every day requires a PE, SE, and a hawkbill... wouldn't want to EDC any other way... :D
skcusloa

Post by skcusloa »

I use my pe endura on scotch brite pads all the time. You have to press hard and have a good surface to cut it on. The top of my tool box is like wood, so I just set it up there. It's not fancy wood just black particle board.

Now, radiator hoses? Serrated military, all day long. A lot of times when I replace cooling sytem parts, water pumps, t stats, etc... the hoses need to go too. Instead of trying to pry that crusty hose off of the pipe in the little space I have to work with, I just cut everything out of there. It's such a time saver, and kinda fun :)