Spyderco FRN Pink Cricket Sprint run PE & SE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Spyderco Frn Pink Cricket Sprint Run in PE & SE

I'll buy one for sure
58%
Not interested
42%

Total votes: 106

aj1985

Spyderco FRN Pink Cricket Sprint run PE & SE

Post by aj1985 »

I have wanted one for a while and just saw Deacons post so though I would make a Poll to see who is interested and who isn't.

Please post that you voted as well to keep the thread going

aj
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Put me down for a few, I can think of a young lady or three for whom they'd make nice gifts.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Vicarious Reality

Yep Yep Yep

Post by Vicarious Reality »

Suredeedoody. I'd buy one.
Dem tings be mine:
PE blue Yojimbo ~ PE blue Dodo ~ ZDP PE Delica ~ s30v Native ~ Military ~ Aus Dragonfly ~ Endura4 ~ Yellow Salt 1 ~ Yellow Pacific Salt ~ 3 byrds and a lot of Cold Steel, Benchmade, Glock, Mora, KA-BAR, Kanetsune, SOG, CRKT, Schrade and misc. crap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mr.S

Post by Mr.S »

I would buy one for sure, but it must not be pink. :rolleyes:

Any other color is also good, if there's a new run FRN Crickets. Best would be: orange handle! :spyder:
Gruss
Steffen
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

A while ago in a post I promised to buy EVERY new fully serrated non waved Spydie folder. So I would buy a pink Cricket/SE for sure. :)

Big chance it will become my girlfriend's daughter's second Spydie ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
bma

Post by bma »

I'd buy at least two or three. The pink delicas and enduras, while nice, are just not good options for people like my sister - who really do just need a little knife.
Davis61381

Post by Davis61381 »

bma wrote:I'd buy at least two or three. The pink delicas and enduras, while nice, are just not good options for people like my sister - who really do just need a little knife.

I feel the same way. My grilfriend wouldn't carry a delica, let alone a endura. A crickt would be perfect.
-davis
ragingwolf66

Post by ragingwolf66 »

My wife would carry one, If the is a sign up let me know
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

I think you guys are all right. I have many Girl friends :D I mean friends who are girls. I would like to give them something that is a Spyderco, but am sure they will not carry the delicas or the enduras. I know the spin is an option as well, but the cricket has no comparison. Pink one would fit the bill for sure and make my life so much easier in buying gifts for the many girl friends I have :D .

aj
Live in every breath

JBE

Post by JBE »

I personally have no interest in pink but it would make a great little knife for my wife....I'm in for at least one in SE.
Jason
markg

Post by markg »

I'm in, either blade style is fine with me...
Spygineer

Post by Spygineer »

I'd buy a couple if it came in PE and SE. Though I would much prefer a different color. The white or orange FRN would be cool, similar to the upcoming dragonfly and ladybug. The muted green color would be nice too.
I'm Hooked like a hawkbilll!!!:D
Senate

Post by Senate »

most definitely a few... :D
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
Billy

Post by Billy »

I'd be in for a couple! My wife carries a pink Delica and I have a pink Endura. I find the color just makes me smile...reminds me of raspberry sherbet. :)
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

Billy wrote:I'd be in for a couple! My wife carries a pink Delica and I have a pink Endura. I find the color just makes me smile...reminds me of raspberry sherbet. :)
I change my vote I do not want a Pink cricket any more I want a Raspberry Sherbet Cricket :p

I really think that Deacon is very right that this would sell very well with the masses. I say 2000 piece Sprint run 1000 SE & 1000 PE

aj
Live in every breath

Spygineer

Post by Spygineer »

just out of curiosity, has spyderco ever re-released a model they had done before? I mean the pink frn has been done before. If ever they were to do another frn sprint run, wouldn't it serve them better to do a different color? pls this would keep the value of the existing pink crickets up.
I'm Hooked like a hawkbilll!!!:D
bma

Post by bma »

Spygineer wrote:just out of curiosity, has spyderco ever re-released a model they had done before? I mean the pink frn has been done before. If ever they were to do another frn sprint run, wouldn't it serve them better to do a different color? pls this would keep the value of the existing pink crickets up.
I think they once had pink Delicas before too, with FRN clips.

I also doubt Spyderco's primary concern is keeping the value of collector items up; since they don't see any money after the original sale.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

bma wrote:
Spygineer wrote:just out of curiosity, has spyderco ever re-released a model they had done before? I mean the pink frn has been done before. If ever they were to do another frn sprint run, wouldn't it serve them better to do a different color? pls this would keep the value of the existing pink crickets up.
I think they once had pink Delicas before too, with FRN clips.

I also doubt Spyderco's primary concern is keeping the value of collector items up; since they don't see any money after the original sale.
Yes, there were at least two earlier pink FRN Delicas. There were also earlier black FRN Calypso Jrs., where the only difference from the last Sprint Run was the steel. Believe the same situation would apply to a pink Cricket since, IIRC, the originals were ATS-55. But, even if they were VG-10, am sure the new ones would have the :spyder: on the blade which the originals do not, but which seems to be pretty standard these days.

As for the other, it is true that Spyderco does not make a profit after the original sale. However, I'd guess they would not risk alienating collectors by creating a exact reproduction of an earlier issue, when it would be just as easy to change one or two minor details.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Raqudu

Post by Raqudu »

I really like my SS etched Cricket, and FRN would be great, especially in SE. I'm not sure about the pink color for myself, but if it gets the old molds dusted off or new molds cut, I'm in. Other colors might follow - foliage green or cricket khaki would be nice! ;)
Raqudu :D

Freedom is never a gift. It is the "pearl of great price" in anguish won.
[RIGHT]- The Theological Concept of Freedom[/RIGHT]

"Well, it's a nice soft night so I think I'll go and join me comrades and talk a little treason."
[RIGHT]- Michaleen Flynn (Barry Fitzgerald) in "The Quiet Man"[/RIGHT]
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

The voting is going quite well, and I'm open to orange as well after looking at the beautiful color of the Xm -18.

aj
Live in every breath