BYRD Starling review

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
metalhed
Location: (Golden, 5 miles from Spyderco)<NO LONGER Sacrameno Ca

BYRD Starling review

Post by metalhed »

Greetings I bought the Starling the otherday, got a good deal at a Big Box Store, (not my choice for buying Spydercos, but a good deal is a good deal)

This is a great little knife, super sharp and very light. I compared it to the Jester I own and the profiles are identical. All the same construction, holes all line up, pins all in the same places, ridges along the back- same same

I think the all black Stealth look is bada$$

I am a fan of the smaller, gentlemans knives and find this one to be a another fantastic addition to my Spyderco/BYRD collection. Working in a Federal building, having a larger clip knife is a big no-no.

I did notice the blade is completely anodized/poweder coated (what ever the process Spyderco uses.) This is not a problem, it only makes the feeling of opening the knife a little slow. The back side of the blade and the lock action just need to wear in.

Overall I grade the Starling with a grade of an A
I perfect knife for me.
raven

Post by raven »

Hey metalhed, Thanks for the review knifebro and Great To See Ya Here ;) . Been Doing Any BMXing Lately :eek: :cool: :p ??? Take Good Care and Be Safe Always. Here's A Hint ...You Stuck Your Pedal and Foot In My Front Rim :o :eek: .

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

thanks for the review metalhed....the Starling is one of the "sleepers" of the Byrd line....with 44mm of cutting edge it surpasses the Ladybug3 (barely) and Finch....the carbonitride coating is very durable too....I can't get it to scratch on my Starling or my Raven/Crow.... an impressive little knife :cool:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
metalhed
Location: (Golden, 5 miles from Spyderco)<NO LONGER Sacrameno Ca

Bikes and such

Post by metalhed »

Raven I remember all to well that fateful day, because 1 year later I had to have my shoulder operated on to fix the damage, I remember Kentucy in a sling.

Dont ride any more, SkyHigh folded and the track is wasted. That and the last time I impacted Mother Earth, it put me in the hospital for 3 days and at home for 2 1/2 months. Broke the leg in 4 places and forcibly detached the ACL, I cant run, jump or ride anymore. 7 pins and a 5 inch long plate to hold the knee together. Bad News. I dont remember if I thanked you for hauling me off the field of battle, but if I did not then THANKS Man.

Late G
Agent Starling

hang on...

Post by Agent Starling »

metalhed wrote:Overall I grade the Starling with a grade of an A
I perfect knife for me.
Hey, dude!...that's MY knife :D ...been meaning to do a review on it but I guess you beat me to it...!

Agent Starling :cool:
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."