Mule Team - Answers/Info

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TazKristi

Mule Team - Answers/Info

Post by TazKristi »

Here is some information about the Mule Team project to answer some questions without someone having to read the gigantic original thread.

The Mule Team will be offered as an item on our site. It will be added to the online catalog very soon. There is no list based upon those who emailed us in response to our initial request. That email was just to gauge interest and determine if there was enough interest to move forward with the program. There was!

If you are a Collector, the Mule Team is included as a new model and the first offering (MT01 in 52100) will be sent to the Dealer that you normally purchase your Collector knives through. Your Dealer will receive a letter explaining the program, its purpose and how we envision it moving forward. We have asked our Dealers to honor the spirit of the program and if they are unable to, we've asked that they return the knife to us so you will be able to purchase your numbered knife through SFO.

If you are a Collector who receives all variants, you will be given the option to sign up for all or none of the future Mule Team variants when you receive the first model (MT01). If you choose to sign up for all variations of the Mule Team, all future models of the Mule Team will be handled directly through SFO. This is to not place a burden on our Dealers and maintain our vision of this program.

If you are not a Collector and would like to purchase a Mule Team knife, you will be able to do so through our site. As originally stated, there will only be a Net Price. This will guarantee that you are able to acquire the models in this program at the most affordable price. We will offer these through our normal distribution chain of Distributors and Dealers in lots of 2 each at the same price. Pricing will vary from one variation to another and will primarily be dependent on the steel used.

If you are not a Collector who chooses to receive all variants of the Mule Team, purchases will be one model at a time with no commitment to future models. You purchase only those that interest you.

Sales are on a first come first served basis. Once the quantity made is sold out, that variation will be gone. We will initially set a maximum allowed of 2 pieces per person/address, but we do reserve the right to change this limit at any time. If you are a collector these 2 pieces are in addition to your collector numbered piece.

Specifics for MT01
Steel - 52100
Price - $39.95

I hope this clears things up. Thank you all for your interest and for your patience. As you can see, we had a lot of details to address with this very unique offering.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

cool...thanks kristi...i am in for one :D .
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

Thanks Kristi I as well am in for 1. Do you know if I can pick it up at the SFO? Or does it have to be shipped?
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
foxquads

Post by foxquads »

Visa waiting!!!LOL!
...Looks like I've been bit!!!
Louis
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

foxquads wrote:Visa waiting!!!LOL!
...Looks like I've been bit!!!
Louis
Excellent... (evil laugh)... We have another vict...errr member.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
VultureParade

Post by VultureParade »

Does anyone know the blade thickness, blade length/overall length on these yet?
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

sounds good... i've got my money waiting!!!! :D
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Hi Kristi

Is it possible for some of us Europeans to have have ours shipped to a friends US address? I usually have several sent at the time to minimize handling fees from customs.

Best

Sverre :)
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

You have the ability when you place an order on our site to specify a shipping address separate from your billing address, so yes, that shouldn't be a problem.

Kristi
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

TazKristi wrote:You have the ability when you place an order on our site to specify a shipping address separate from your billing address, so yes, that shouldn't be a problem.

Kristi
Thank you Kristi :D Really looking forward to this one :cool:

Sverre
Bruceter

Post by Bruceter »

Will we be able to purchase the MT knives through the SFO or do we have to order them through the website?

Bruceter
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

SFO and the website sales are one and the same. So, yes, you can make your purchase in the store.

Kristi
Slick

web site problems...

Post by Slick »

Today I tried to make a purchase from the official web site and the transaction failed. ...I had a page fail and was dumped back to the start with the status of "your cart is empty". I blew off the purchase (why waste more time and effort?).

I have used the Spyderco web site before. If I must use the web site to buy the mule series am I in trouble?

I am not clear on this. Can I buy the mules from NGK or Knife Center? If the real web site does not work will these knives be available from my usual dealers.
Not really all that slick ;)
Will V.

Post by Will V. »

Slick wrote:I blew off the purchase (why waste more time and effort?).
Depends on how badly you want the deal. Why don't you just call the SFO toll-free number, and talk to a real person?

800-828-1925
spyderwa

Sfo

Post by spyderwa »

I tried the SFO and was told that they were not in yet. Does anyone know when this might happen?

spyderwa

Rare Spyderco Page
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/spyderwa
araneae

Post by araneae »

According to Kristi's post:
" It will be added to the online catalog very soon."

Just a little more patience. I'm sure they 'll straighten out the website, as its been getting some revamping lately.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Slick wrote:Today I tried to make a purchase from the official web site and the transaction failed. ...I had a page fail and was dumped back to the start with the status of "your cart is empty". I blew off the purchase (why waste more time and effort?).

I have used the Spyderco web site before. If I must use the web site to buy the mule series am I in trouble?

I am not clear on this. Can I buy the mules from NGK or Knife Center? If the real web site does not work will these knives be available from my usual dealers.
You always have the option of using the 800 number to call SFO and place an order. I've had problems with the online shopping cart here (and at NGK for that matter) in the past, but "dial a knife" always worked, at least whenever I remembered the time zone difference. ;) :D

As for the other, from what Kristi wrote, dealers will be allowed to purchase the Mules in units of two, but at the same price "we" pay for them. So, if a dealer chooses to do so, they will either have to respect Spyderco's wishes and sell the Mules at cost, or tack on a "service fee" of some kind. I imagine you would have to ask each dealer if they plan on ordering any, and how they plan on pricing them. I can see there being more incentive for dealers to do this as a courtesy and a service to regular customers than for someone who has never, or only rarely, purchased anything from them in the past.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

This is awesome. I'll be happily ordering one when they are available from the Spyderco website. What an awesome knife at an even better price. :eek:

I am enthused about putting my own set of handles on one of these bad boys. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
gac

Post by gac »

My anxiety level ebbs and flows on this. I'm going way over the top by checking multiple times a day.
catamount

Post by catamount »

It is now available for order (I just put mine in :D ).

http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=283
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex