Most usable small Spydie?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bigbre04

Post by bigbre04 »

I am fairly new to the forum although i have been reading it for a long time. What are the laws on size of an EDC? I carry a D4 and i am getting a D4 ZDP, am I looking at Legal ramifications if I am caught in NYC with it? Not that i would likely ever be in NYC considering I am more southern in persuasion, but I may be making a trip up there soonish. Outside of Legal issues i couldn't care less what other people thought of my EDC especially if its as useful to me as my D4. Screw final exams...

-Alex
The CoPilot

Post by The CoPilot »

GarageBoy wrote:The problem I have with the lava is that the blade's shape makes the 2" of blade length appear so little.
I think I'm going to wait for the Urban.
Also, isn't the Navigator full flat ground?
No, the C93 Navigator II is a high saber grind.
><> The most important blood trail leads to the Cross <><
C09 CoPilots My Specialty
Integrity is Being Good Even if No One is WatchingTM
Looking for: C04 Executive plain edge, C09 CoPilot plain edge with brass liners and a G-2 marked blade
KaliGman

One Word of Advice

Post by KaliGman »

Lava

:D :spyder: :spyder:
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
araneae

Post by araneae »

bigbre04 wrote:I am fairly new to the forum although i have been reading it for a long time. What are the laws on size of an EDC? I carry a D4 and i am getting a D4 ZDP, am I looking at Legal ramifications if I am caught in NYC with it? Not that i would likely ever be in NYC considering I am more southern in persuasion, but I may be making a trip up there soonish. Outside of Legal issues i couldn't care less what other people thought of my EDC especially if its as useful to me as my D4. Screw final exams...

-Alex
Hi. If you search our forums for New York city you will find a variety of threads on their restrictions. I will say what ever you carry in NYC, keep it in your pocket & don't use the clip in the city. Carry laws vary on a state to state basis and even city to city, there is no universal limit. Check the laws section on bladeforums.com for more info.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

In NYC, the knife musn't flick out. OTOH, if they don't see it, they shouldn't bother you. The problem is, I ride the trains enough, etc, that I may get a random stopping, etc or end up in the wrong place and wrong time and get searched
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

And which knife, when I have small hands??? BTW they are not so small but I have long fingers and very very thin... So wanna more little knife... dont know if dragonfly is not too much big compared with... for examle with cricket?? :confused:
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

GarageBoy wrote:In NYC, the knife musn't flick out. OTOH, if they don't see it, they shouldn't bother you. The problem is, I ride the trains enough, etc, that I may get a random stopping, etc or end up in the wrong place and wrong time and get searched
I guess the Cricket would be perfect for you.

You can clip the knife inside your shorts if you have to :mad:

And the serrated one cuts just as well as your confiscated Para :mad: :mad:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
markg

Post by markg »

spydutch wrote:I guess the Cricket would be perfect for you.

You can clip the knife inside your shorts if you have to :mad:

And the serrated one cuts just as well as your confiscated Para :mad: :mad:

When I am in "knife sensitive areas" I often use the Cricket as a money clip. Strange, but when you use it as such, people just sort of forget it is a knife.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

markg wrote:When I am in "knife sensitive areas" I often use the Cricket as a money clip. Strange, but when you use it as such, people just sort of forget it is a knife.
Until they see you cut something with it LOL :D

On BF Sal called the D4 a Pittbull in disguise. Well, I like to call the Cricket/SE a piranha in disguise ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p