just got a bob lum titium tanto. amazing knife!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ftkinney

just got a bob lum titium tanto. amazing knife!

Post by ftkinney »

i just got a bob lum titium tanto folder and i have to say it is wonderful. the design is so sleek and clean. this might sound silly but i love the way it looks when the blade is closed, very stout. the clip is bead blasted (i guess) to a wonderful matte finnish to match the handle material. i think that this blade will get carried quite feaquently. i can't wait to show it off to other designers who will appeciate the look and craftmanship.

although i read that the "appleseed" grind on the tip of the tanto kept it from comming as sharp as the average spydie. that is not the case with the one i got. both the edge and the tip are quite sharp, in fact arm hair removal sharp.

the only down side is that the liner lock moves just a hair and there is a tiny bit of up and down blade play if you push on the back of the blade with your hand. but probaly not enough to worry about it. i think that is the nature of liner locks, my bob lum chinese folder does that too. maybe this might be reissued, one day, with a compression lock or even some new locking mechanism not thought up just yet. as long as it do not ruin the buitiful look of this amazing knife.

FTK
stu

Post by stu »

Ftkinney,

I am glad you like your Ti Lum. I haven't heard much talk about it, but it is a beautiful knife; very solid and she is wonderfully balanced. It is a very appealing knife from an artistic viewpoint, nice lines.

As a side note; mine is not wiggly up and down, but is less sharp on the appleseed tip. I haven't "put the hurt on it" with the 204 yet because I like it just how it is. As well, by "the liner lock moves just a hair(ftkinney,12/14/01)" do you mean it doesn't engage(?) very far when you open the blade? Mine does not either, but seems quite sound.

Good evening,

stu
ftkinney

Post by ftkinney »

hey stu--

yes the liner lock is just like that yours doesn't engage very far when you open the blade. if i push down on it it will move over just a slight bit.

FTK
mschwoeb

Post by mschwoeb »

they redid the liner lock on the new g10 handled ones so that it has an offset arc ramp for a better lock up. I had one and liked it, just not the way that I had to relly push on the liner lock to close it. I think that they improved that too.