My first Millie!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Michael Cook

My first Millie!

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Well, as dedicated to tip up carry as I am I still had to do it, I ordered a foliage green D-2 military. Mr. Blonde's awesome pics pushed me over the edge and I've been curious to see how d-2 performs. Also everyone raves about the millie so it's just about time to give one a try. I might have to look into getting it modded for tip-up carry though, I don't feel too safe switching my ingrained carry habits. If carried against the rear seam of the front pocket I don't see tip up any more dangerous than carrying a yoji, or maybe I'll use this as a appendix or small of back knife. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Wow, I wish I could get something like a Millie, or another Police. Sigh.
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Well, I make sacrifices to get my spydies, I wear wal-mart clothes, cook rather than eat out, donate plasma, got a vasectomy, play 3 year old video games... the list goes on. :rolleyes: :spyder:

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
spyderdog

Post by spyderdog »

Nice. My first Millie was the D2 as well.

clovisc

Post by clovisc »

im curious how the D2 performs... the mili is one of my absolute favorite spydie designs...!
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

I think the military is the best large edc knife spyderco makes, with the calypso jr or 3 being the best small knife.

Congrats on coming to your senses, Michael :D
BOK

Post by BOK »

I'm one of those tip up guys only usually.

But the Military is one exception I'm willing to make just cos it does everything else so darn well. Lightweight, carries really nicely in the pocket and it cuts like a mofo!
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

BOK wrote:I'm one of those tip up guys only usually.

But the Military is one exception I'm willing to make just cos it does everything else so darn well. Lightweight, carries really nicely in the pocket and it cuts like a mofo!

+1 here! I too am a dedicated tip-up carrier, but for the Millie I gladly make an exception. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't like the millie with extra clip-options... :rolleyes:

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Billy

Post by Billy »

You all are driving me to get one! I found an online retailer selling them for under $109. Sounds like a good price. Should I jump on it?? This would be my first millie too and I am a dedicated tip up carry guy as well.

Billy
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Raqudu

Post by Raqudu »

Michael Cook wrote: :spyder: Well, as dedicated to tip up carry as I am I still had to do it, I ordered a foliage green D-2 military. Mr. Blonde's awesome pics pushed me over the edge and I've been curious to see how d-2 performs. Also everyone raves about the millie so it's just about time to give one a try. :spyder:
I too was seduced by CPM-D2 when I bought my FG Millie last week. This looked like my best chance to try the steel, even with my doubts about the platform. My opinion on tip down carry and liner locks quickly changed when I discovered how quickly the Military deployed from my pocket with a Spydie drop.

If not for the CPM-D2 I would not have bought any Millie, now I too know that it is just my first.
Raqudu :D

Freedom is never a gift. It is the "pearl of great price" in anguish won.
[RIGHT]- The Theological Concept of Freedom[/RIGHT]

"Well, it's a nice soft night so I think I'll go and join me comrades and talk a little treason."
[RIGHT]- Michaleen Flynn (Barry Fitzgerald) in "The Quiet Man"[/RIGHT]
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Michael,

Glad to see you got one bro. Now put that puppy to good use. ;) Actually I know that STR kicks butt making those things tip up.

How do you like it so far? Have you used it on anything yet?
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

I have 3 and love all of them. Its part of my favorite carry. Millie IWB and Caly JR RFP.
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Got my happy message from NGK as soon as I got home from work. It'll be here friday! :) :spyder:

spyderdog

Post by spyderdog »

Nice. I just got my email from NGK that my BG42 Millie will be here Friday. I would have never tried the Millie at all if it wasn't for the D2.