benchmade AFCK

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mschwoeb

benchmade AFCK

Post by mschwoeb »

I know that spyderco liscensed the hole for these knives, but didi they ever liscense the spyderedge serations to any company? When looking at a version of this knife that is fully serrated it looks just like a spyderedge.

BENCHADE 800FSBT AFCK Full Serrated [pad] BENCHMADE'S Lengendary 800 AFCK with a full serrated BT blade. This configuration is rare and is available in very limited quantities!

http://store5.yimg.com/I/bestknives_1667_5189566
sal

Post by sal »

Spyderco used to license Benchmade to use our round hole. The serrations have been around for 50 years and are public domain. I do believe that Spyderco knows more about making them sharp than the competition.

sal
Jazzman

Post by Jazzman »

I agree with ya there sal. Of all of the knives I have, the two best are Chris Reeves and yours. And yours top Reeves by far.
Matt
haji

Post by haji »

That's always been a beef with me re: Benchmades. They can't grind serrations to save their life. They end up with stubby little teeth that hardly cut, and they grind them one heck of a long way up into the blade. Because I gotta sell 'em, I wish they'd either make 'em with longer teeth, like Spyderco's, or stop altogether, cuz they're essentially pre-worn out. It took 6 or 7 years of daily use to wear down my titanium handled Police to where BM's start. And don't get me started about that lame AFCK handle shape...

Its all fun and games til somebody loses an eye, then its fun annd games you can't see.