I found my Perfect Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
aj1985

I found my Perfect Knife

Post by aj1985 »

hey guys how are yah

I didn't think i would say this so soon, because I have always been into knives, but only starting buying a few months ago.

I really did find my perfect knife & it has everything i want.

Spydie
The handle is so comfortable
Clip is just right
Lock is like a bank vault( Opening & closing is music to my ears)
Tip down Carry
Not to Big (Sits in My right front pocket without a problem) I have it clipped it right now while typing

Wicked fast on the Draw by far (Less than a second or two i believe) Yes yes i know thats slow

I very much doubt this knife will get replaced anytime soon, but I am glad I found it now so for a while I think my knife obsession has cooled down.

I forgot to tell you it's an ayoob

so have you found your perfect knife or are still looking

take care

aj

Some pics
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...light=karambit
Blades

Post by Blades »

Right now I am very happy with my CPM-D2 Military. :)

Blades
--Jason--
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I have two of them C83 Persian and VG10/G10 Caly3 (just in case, I have CF Caly3, but VG10/G10 is my favorite) :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

Blades wrote:Right now I am very happy with my CPM-D2 Military. :)

Blades
Me too. I am also happy with my SS kiwi and Caly jr. :D

Although, I would like a more ergonomic handle. Something like a rough version of the manix handle. So I guess its not my perfect knife...but I am happy anyway. I only have so much money
LJK

Post by LJK »

I've had a few perfect knives, but the only true test is the test of time. If I EDC it every day for at least a year and still feel the same. Then I start thinking perfect. I have not. Yet. Current fav is Caly III 5 months and going strong. ;)
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

I have more than one perfect knife, but my most used is the Calypso Jr (VG10) fitted with Carbon Fiber. photo's
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
CopilotATS-55

Post by CopilotATS-55 »

I think my perfect knife is the Dodo :D
Kyle Decker wasn't here !!! :D :eek:

"Avatar by Dialex
REMEMBER
SFC SHUGART & MSG GORDON

Im still here, just busy being a Senior!!! :D
PNXC

PN
Wrestling

Never Forget 9/11

VMI
10'+3
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

I can't really pick a 'perfect' knife, but the two that are most often found in my pocket are the Ocelot and the Native.
RLR

Post by RLR »

Close to perfect, and kickin' it old school:

1) Rookie PE G10
2) Dyad Jr Micarta
3) Ocelot G10 (OK, not that old, but old school!)

There are others I like, but those I love. And in a suit, you can't beat a Spin in your pocket.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

My STR customized Stretch is about as close to perfect as I've come so far. Ergos are perfect. Blade to handle ratio is as good as it gets, only way to pack more blade into that length handle would be to hinge it in the middle. 3.5" blade length is big enough for my needs. Add a Damasteel blade, refine the jimping on the ramp to match the choil, loose the Boye dent, and add Spinned stainless or nickel sliver bolsters, and it would be absolutely perfect.

Jigged Bone Kiwi is not far off either, definitely the closest "out of the box". SFSW Stag one is even closer, and if I ever get around to having Tom Krein do a full flat grind on it the rest of my Kiwis may not see as much pocket time as they do now. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
kgriggs8

Post by kgriggs8 »

Centofante 4
FRIZ

Post by FRIZ »

CopilotATS-55 wrote:I think my perfect knife is the Dodo :D
+1
Regards,
FRIZ
"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''

Sir Winston Churchill
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

That will be my trusty Delica 3/SE ;)

But if most people weren't that "knife scared :eek: " it would be the one:

MILITARY/SE :cool: :cool:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Puyallupknifegu

Post by Puyallupknifegu »

So far it's the waved D4...and it's almost a toss up between that and the Dodo.
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Hmmm...I can't narrow it down to any one knife...I have different hawkbills and I like 'em all...in a different category I have a few wharncliffes and they have different purposes...I guess it would be like having a brood of kids and trying to pick your favorite...I love 'em all! :D

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
SaintSatinStain
Location: Huntsville, AL; NYC, greenwich village: Indianola, WA.

Perfect knives

Post by SaintSatinStain »

D'Allara Drop Point PlainEdge, D'Allara Rescue Sheepfoot Serrated, Delica 3 combo edge, and Ladybug Sheepfoot Serrated I carry with me all the time. These, along with a custom Kelgin survival knife made by Paula, are my survival array.
I carry when I travel by train or bike an otter box with survival gear, fishingline, hooks, saw, fire makers, signal mirror and whistle, etc, and I include a stainless Co-Pilot in it and an old no-name knife to shave magnesium bar for tinder --a few misc. items like rubber band, nylon cord..

I carry these with me all the time in pocket and in a leather shoulder bag which has four pockets, two front, two back of bag to carry knives or multi tool. I carry the plain edge D'Allara and the Ladybug in my pocket; the D'Allara Rescue and Delica 4, and the Leatherman Wave in the bag. My small first aid kit and emergency kit (with Co-Pilot) are in the open space of the bag.

And thank you Forum for the birthdate greeting.
saint satin stain
Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger. - Franklin P. Jones
SaintSatinStain
Location: Huntsville, AL; NYC, greenwich village: Indianola, WA.

Perfect knives

Post by SaintSatinStain »

I have to amend my previous post. I don't carry the Delica; it does not feel comfortable in my hands. The D'Allaras fit perfectly, comfortably. Strangely the Ladybug fits comfortably. I will keep the Delica at home. I like its design except for how the hand fits my hands. It is not the size of the knife. The design does not work with my hands.

I also realized that I used the Ladybug more than the others while in the Town. The Ladybug is my pocket carry; the two D'Allaras I carry in my shoulder bag along with a Leatherman Wave.

The Ladybug is not threatening to folk. Uploaded a crude drawing of my emergency shoulder bag interior: 1, the main area, is where the first aid kit (otter box), emergency kit (otter box), and The Universal Survival Handbook by David A. Nuttle are carried; 2, 3, 4, and 5 the two D'Allaras, Leatherman Wave, and LED flashlight are carried. My mobile charger fits in 1 too. The purse has shoulder strap and belt loops; although it's a bit heavy for the belt.
Obviously I can't draw.
Attachments
emergency purse.JPG
emergency purse.JPG (7.1 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
saint satin stain
Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger. - Franklin P. Jones
kgriggs8

Post by kgriggs8 »

Gull wing (or anyone else that knows), is the blade of the Calypso Jr. longer than on the old CJ or does it just look that way in the pic?
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: The perfect knife, like the perfect woman, is the one you're currently in love with. Sometimes ya change models over time. ;) :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

All i can say is I still carry the ayoob everyday since I got it, but now it has a little buddy to play with which is a FRN Cricket. :)

It's fun to try new things though :D

aj