Who would like some other etched model?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cuccos19

Who would like some other etched model?

Post by Cuccos19 »

Hi everyone!

I hope Sal and his rightly famous company will make a whole line of etched models. I especially want the Police in this form. I'm a great Police fan. This is my favorite :spyder: model. Unfortunately Spydies are quite expensive knives in my country (Hungary), but even so I have six of them. Two of them are Police. But I also would buy an etched Scorpius, Endura SS, Delica SS, Native SS and who knows what else would they make? Maybe a new kind of Poliwog? Well, it would be very exciting!

Pretty please Sal, carry on! :rolleyes:

Best regards for every :spyder: maker and fan! :)
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I would very much like Spyderco to start putting SE blades in the existing models first(Cricket, Dragonfly Spin :cool: )
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I'd really like to see the all stainless Kiwi brought back with that treatment. For that matter, etched bolsters might set off certain scale materials well on a bolster and scales version. Think the Lava would also look great etched, would make it look more like its namesake.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I'd like to see a Delica with SS Etched handles.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

My guess is that the Delica/Endura are most likely to be next, they sell well and get the most variations anyway.
Personally I think the Lava would improve most, It's an amazing design and a good pattern would not only make it look better but you can always use a little extra grip.
For that matter I'd like to see all SS models with an etched variant.
Cuccos19

Post by Cuccos19 »

Well, as I see, most of you like tiny knives. I have no problems with Dragonfly or Cricket or Lava, but they are very-very small for me to do everyday jobs. Like cut into half a roll is needs a bigger knife. Minimum a Delica. But an Endura makes better. Lava is very unusual knife for me. I don't really know, how or for what would or could it use. But variety is a good thing. :spyder: should make every SS model in etched, of course in all edge-type. My only problem whit full-serrated blades, that they are really good for lefty users. Knifemakers usually make knives "for eyes not for hands". Sorry, but is true. A right handed user mostly looks the left side of the knife. Most of the markings, informations about blade steel are on the left side of the blade. Just have a look at it. But when a right-handed user cuts, he hews like the cuts of the serrations are downside of the blade. So he cuts with back of the edge! (You cut like this, when you push the blade away from your body. For example when you try to sharpen/point a stick to make spit/toasting-fork). Think about it. :confused:
scolby

Post by scolby »

The Deacon wrote:I'd really like to see the all stainless Kiwi brought back with that treatment. For that matter, etched bolsters might set off certain scale materials well on a bolster and scales version. Think the Lava would also look great etched, would make it look more like its namesake.
I agree that the Kiwi and also the Kopa could really benefit from the etched treament. One of my pet peeves is stainless which scratches up pretty badly, although not as much as nickel silver. A full SS handle etched Kiwi would be just about perfect.
"Chance favors the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur