Spyderco Now Appearing...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

Spyderco Now Appearing...

Post by TazKristi »

I just wanted to give you all a quick heads-up. I will be adding to this information tomorrow, but for now...

Spyderco will be featured on Shop At Home Network for their new show, "Ultimate Steel". The show will air at 1am (CDT), 27 Sep.

It will air on the Shop At Home Network as well as on their website.

You can find it here...
http://www.shopathometv.com/catalog/dep ... oryId=4010
...and you can also find out where it airs in your area through their site.

Sal himself will be appearing. You may also see Eric and Kelly. So, if you can tune in, you'll surely be in for a treat!

Look for more information to come about where we'll be in the coming weeks!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

Very cool. Thanks for the update :) .
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

Hmm, maybe I'll have to check that out. Thanks

Brad
PSU

Post by PSU »

Cool, I'll have to try to check it out. I like the description of Spyderco from the Shop At Home website...

Spyderco Knives

Different. Peculiar. Even out there. Spyderco knives cut through knife industry norms with revolutionary, next-generation innovations that influence the wider knife world and bring its offerings to the next level – and the next.
People say, oh it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home, or the workplace. Well I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know, accidentally, than by a stranger, on purpose. - Dwight The Office

It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. - Gecko_45

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco looks. - Sal
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

That would be 3am here, if I'm awake I might check it out online. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

Wow, why are they so expensive though??? :confused:
Para-Military - CPM S30V
Delica - VG-10
Tasman Salt - H1
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I wish them luck with those prices. Wow.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Is there any chance that somebody will record the show and make it available to the members of this forum that have no chance to see it live (like me, for example :) ?)

That would be SO great!

Dennis
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Sounds interesting, anyone have a link to an online version of the show? if it exists?

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Davis61381

Post by Davis61381 »

Hopefully it doesn't go like this on did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2EQWCpnIR8
-davis
rycen

Post by rycen »

look like it is listed as being aired on 1 am est
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
4077th

Post by 4077th »

Yep. Website shows 1am EST with a duration of two hours. Looking forward to this show.
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

That's pretty cool. Man I hate to say it but their prices are terrible. It seems they're selling them at almost full retail?
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
Left Hand Path

Post by Left Hand Path »

Mr Blonde wrote:Sounds interesting, anyone have a link to an online version of the show? if it exists?

Wouter
I believe that if you follow the link and click on 'Watch Live' near the top right corner it will open a new window that you can watch the show in, when it airs at 1 am EST.

http://www.shopathometv.com/catalog/dep ... oryId=4010

I am hoping this works, since I don't get the channel on TV, and I would definitely like to see it.
-Nick

Join Today!
http://www.KnifeRights.org
mktgbill

Post by mktgbill »

Hey guys, I was going to post the show to YouTube but I see the limit is 10 minutes and 100 MB. The best bet may be to try to catch it via the website for those that don't get it via cable or "dish". Do a test on your computer to make sure you're able to view our live programing before the show actually airs.

Maybe I can torrent out a video file at some point tomorrow. No promises but I'll see what I can do.

FYI, there's free shipping tonight for select Spyderco Knives.

It'll be a great show. I understand there's some special extras on some of the knives for collectors.

- Bill
Shop At Home TV Online Marketing Guy
merciful

Post by merciful »

A torrent would be great, Bill, if you can manage. Your prices are for suckers only, though, so I'm pretty sure you won't find any takers from the forums, even with free shipping.
Those who give up their freedom for safety will soon find that they have neither.[SIZE="-1"][/size]
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

No doubt it would be an awesome show to watch, but those prices are much too high. I suppose it's a good deal with the free shipping, but many people may be turned off by the price. I think it would be better for them to price them regular and have the customer pay shipping seperately. Kinda dumb... It's like including tax in a price tag. A pretty HEAVY tax in this case, lol!!! :D

I agree, I don't think anyone from this forum will purchase from the show becuase we all know where we can get it much cheaper.

I guess they make there money off of clueless people.
Para-Military - CPM S30V
Delica - VG-10
Tasman Salt - H1
Left Hand Path

Post by Left Hand Path »

mktgbill wrote:Hey guys, I was going to post the show to YouTube but I see the limit is 10 minutes and 100 MB. The best bet may be to try to catch it via the website for those that don't get it via cable or "dish". Do a test on your computer to make sure you're able to view our live programing before the show actually airs.

Maybe I can torrent out a video file at some point tomorrow. No promises but I'll see what I can do.

FYI, there's free shipping tonight for select Spyderco Knives.

It'll be a great show. I understand there's some special extras on some of the knives for collectors.

- Bill
Shop At Home TV Online Marketing Guy
Thanks for the news, Bill. I'm really looking forward to the show - I will be watching via the website since I don't get your channel on my basic cable at home.

If you are able to post the show for us to download that would be cool too!
-Nick

Join Today!
http://www.KnifeRights.org
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Bill,

It would be VERY cool and much appreciated, especially by the European members here.... I'm looking forward to the show IF you can manage to record it somehow.

Dennis
Slatts

Post by Slatts »

Hey Bill,
First off, welcome to Spyderco Forums. I need to say I'm not familiar with your network. However, after reviewing the Spyderco prices on your website, I'm assuming the Shopathome target audience is people that don't have internet access, or are otherwise ignorant of the typical market price of these knives. I wish you the best of luck, but those asking prices don't fly with this crew as you can probably tell.