Manix on the way!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
catamount

Manix on the way!

Post by catamount »

I've been thinking of getting a full sized Manix for some time, but there were always other priorities. I finally ordered one, and it should be here this week.

Looking at pics, and (re)reading reviews, I think it may be become my answer to the perennial "only one knife" question. I can't wait for it to arrive :D
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
JT

Post by JT »

Hi, congrats!
I'm on the same wagon with You, mine is on the way too. Although got it from Ebay so I don't know how long it takes. Can't wait to get mine. :)
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
Jeff/1911

Excellent choice!

Post by Jeff/1911 »

I just got mine a couple weeks ago...it is WONDERFUL! It will do any job I can think of - that's sure. ;)

Jeff/1911.
Ablade

Post by Ablade »

The Manix is a great knife. It was my Christmas present to myself. You will love it.
catamount

Post by catamount »

I just got it. Wow! This is one beefy folder! The ergonomics are superb, and it feels great in my hand. It is already one of my favorite :spyder: s, (and may become THE favorite).

It easily sliced through some plastic webbing and rubber straps from one of my son's old broken toys. I don't forsee many cutting chores that it won't handle. I'll get a chance to test it further on a camping trip this weekend.

It is a little bulky, but carries well in my pocket. I like big folders, and, since VT doesn't have any silly blade length restrictions :D , I'll probably EDC it regulary.

My hat's off to you Eric; you hit a home run with this design :)
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

The Manix designs are outstanding. I personally prefer the Mini Manix only because there seems to be a tendency towards less vertical play on the pushing down motion over the Large Manix. In either case it is definitely one of my all time favorite production designs to date.

Interesting side note here, I have a Mini Rukus that I also love (in the background: "Boooooooooo!!!!) Who said that??? Anyway, what I find interesting is that the Mini Rukus has a choil-shaped curve on it just before the edge, and that choil shape thingy is EXACTLY the same shape and size of the one on the Mini Manix (not the actual choil on the blade, but the one that's in the G-10 part of the handle). Hope I'm explaining it clearly. I'm seriously wondering if this is "just a coincidence". I mean, the Manix ergos is so comfortable, I don't think it's totally implausible that someone would take a little from it's design.
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

Oh yeah, CONGRATS on the great decision!!!!
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
dRider

Post by dRider »

Mine is currently in the air heading my way, per UPS tracking.

Can't wait to get that thing in my hands! And if the rumors about a discontinuation are true, I'm really glad I pulled the trigger on this purchase now.

See, wife? Waiting till its practical to buy a new knife is always wrong! :D
Zdenek

Post by Zdenek »

Bigger Manix is one of the best choices, you will never regret you buy it.
The knife has the best ergonomy I have ever encountered with a folder. I use mine about half a year without need to resharpen the edge. Now I think of buying also the smaller Manix to have got a nice pair of great knives. :D :) :D :)

Zdenek
Zdenek

Manix, Mini-Manix, Military PE, LAVA

No other since then.
augustus88

Post by augustus88 »

Hate to say this, but I sold off most of my Spyderco knives after carrying my full-size Manix for a while. I kept my Pacific Salt for fishing and my modified Byrd Cara Cara with green micarta scales. All of my knives are users and I just kept reaching for the Manix so everything else had to go.
bagulaci

manix

Post by bagulaci »

I also bought my Manix yesterday. it's my first Spyderco. first :spyder: , but not last. lovely piece, very nice, very strong, very MANIX! probably the Military will be the next one, or the paraMilitary. my love becomes deeper and deeper. :)