mini police model

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ronin203

mini police model

Post by ronin203 »

A friend of mine showed me his spyderco today, it was a mini police model. I did'nt know they were even made. Does anyone know when they were made? He said he has had it for about 10 years. :spyder:
if you find yourself in a fair fight, you did'nt prepare well enough. .." Hock Hochiem"..:spyder: " An object at rest cannot be stopped". The evil bomber what bombs at midnight. ;) :spyder: :spyder:
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i believe you are talking about the rookie. the made it in stainless steel and g10 if i am not mistaken.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
ronin203

Post by ronin203 »

This looked smaller than the rookie but I could be wrong. It was about the size of a delica. :spyder:
if you find yourself in a fair fight, you did'nt prepare well enough. .." Hock Hochiem"..:spyder: " An object at rest cannot be stopped". The evil bomber what bombs at midnight. ;) :spyder: :spyder:
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i just looked at ted's site and he has it listed as 3 and 1/8" blade length...thats real close to the delica.
My knives
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Does it look like this ronin203?

flyguy

Post by flyguy »

Question to the LEO folks out there: Does the Rookie name make sense for a mini version of the Police?

Guess I associate rookie with baseball more than anything else. It is a cool knife. Would love to see a S30V or VG-10 sprint run!
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

The Rookie is the same overall length as the Delica, but the blade is longer. Here is a crappy comparison picture I shot a while back.
Attachments
PICT1402 (Small).JPG
PICT1402 (Small).JPG (37.11 KiB) Viewed 2070 times
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
ronin203

Post by ronin203 »

Yeah guys, thats it. Thanks for the pics, when he showed it to me that was the first time I ever handled one. Thanks again. :spyder:
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

flyguy wrote:Question to the LEO folks out there: Does the Rookie name make sense for a mini version of the police?
from what i have been told, that was the reason it was named the rookie. it makes sense...different depts. call their new guys different names, but rookie is definitely one of them. in new york the fire dept calls them probbies, in chicago its candidate....or the old expression FNG (F%^&(@# NEW GUY) is still pretty popular. ;)
My knives
raven

Post by raven »

Hey flyguy, To answer your question. Yep........"Rookie", The New Officer on or off FTO (Field Training Officer) walking the beat and patroling. We LEO's have all been there done that :rolleyes: :p . Experiences we'll never forget.....I'm sure of. Take Good Care and Be Safe.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

So "Rookie" as a label is undesirable... Thanks.
bluemist

Post by bluemist »

Didn't you watch ChiPs, Starsky and Hutch, Baretta, Kojack? Sheesh. ;)
spyder spyder spyder spyder
pmel018

Post by pmel018 »

flyguy wrote:Question to the LEO folks out there: Does the Rookie name make sense for a mini version of the Police?
I'm sorry, the Rookie is not a mini version of the Police, it may be a smaller version but the mini-Police is either the tie-clip or necklace version. See below

Phil
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

pmel018 wrote:I'm sorry, the Rookie is not a mini version of the Police, it may be a smaller version but the mini-Police is either the tie-clip or necklace version.
I'm not sure... Think we need a Sprint run of the Rookie and mini... I want to be able to compare both. :D

(Nice pics, BTW)