Kopa

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
J Smith

Kopa

Post by J Smith »

Just picked up a couple new ones.
I can't believe it took me this long to get a Kopa.I am really liking it.Only thing that could make it better would be tip up carry.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
bh49

Post by bh49 »

J Smith wrote: I can't believe it took me this long to get a Kopa.
I can't believe also, why did it take you this long???? :confused: :confused:
All right. Seven more to go at this point :D :D :D
Congratulations, good choices.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Nice choice Jeff! The Tiger Coral is one of the prettiest versions. Although I really love the Cocobolo one that STR ground the bolster down to get rid of the clip divot for me :D and I'm still holding out faint hope of a run of "clipless" Kopas. :o
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

+1 on a clipless, dentless Kopa Paul :D . I am surprised JSmith that you haven't discovered this wonderous little beauty earlier. In fact I am surprised not more people have at least one (though the pricing does tend to be a factor in this case)

I too love the Tiger Coral. I think it probably has the widest variation in figuring compared to the current other Kopa releases. The striking contrast of the light and dark veins really give the knife almost a unique fingerprint-like quality.

I just thought of something.....I know the Kopa is a gentlemens folder, but it would be interesting to see a waved Kopa :confused: They are fairly small folders and sometimes the more "matured" gentlemen in our midst do have problems opening the smaller folders using only one hand. A waved Kopa would make it easily opened straight from pocket to cutting in one easy swoop. Just a thought.

Kopa's are great, and aside from the Native, they are my primary collection focus. Haven't really used one for EDC by mere fact of their cost (the exchange rate to the USD can be a right bugger :eek: )
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
whitefeather

Post by whitefeather »

Congrats on the new Kopa.
I've got the Micarta......the action on mine is smooth as silk. :cool: Tip Up/Tip Down, it don't matter to me. I felt the same as you about the clip when I got it, but I like it now. The clip keeps the knife away from everything else in the bottom of my pocket. YES mine is a user and I enjoy it every time it comes out of my pocket :D

BTW did you notice the Caly heritage?
lycanthought

Post by lycanthought »

Congratulations on seeing the light - I have a tiger coral Kopa and it's been my EDC for a year now - the only thing I would say is that the clips are not as robust as other spydie clips, and you need to take a little care with it if you're carrying it daily (which you should) - its a very robust little knife and the action is easily the nicest of any knife I own.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

datan wrote:I just thought of something.....I know the Kopa is a gentlemens folder, but it would be interesting to see a waved Kopa :confused: They are fairly small folders and sometimes the more "matured" gentlemen in our midst do have problems opening the smaller folders using only one hand. A waved Kopa would make it easily opened straight from pocket to cutting in one easy swoop. Just a thought.
Not my cuppa, but it might sell, 'specially if done up with peel-ply CF scales. ;) Would require moving the clip to the south end, tip down does not work well with the wave. That, in turn, would require a new clip, since the current one would be curved the wrong way.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!