Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 2875
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby steelcity16 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:43 pm


Oh man, I would have been all over this one. Love the Tenacious! What a deal!
:spyder: Enjoys long walks on the beach with rustproof lightweight folding knives. Must love Boye Dents and deep carry wire clips. :spyder:

Wdr65
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:53 am
Location: NC

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby Wdr65 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:26 am

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:43 pm

Oh man, I would have been all over this one. Love the Tenacious! What a deal!
It's back up this morning. Showing in stock.

Colorodo
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:14 pm
Location: PNW

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby Colorodo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:37 am

Now out of stock.

User avatar
abbazaba
Member
Posts: 2845
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Location: New England

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby abbazaba » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:57 pm

Resilience $25 at Walmart in store YMMV

https://brickseek.com/p/spyderco-resilience-peg/375953

Also, the Ontario Rat 1 is $13 in some stores

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =873027285
Last edited by abbazaba on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DirtMcGirt
Member
Posts: 835
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 pm
Location: USA Illinois

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby DirtMcGirt » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:04 pm

abbazaba wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:57 pm
Reliance $25 at Walmart in store YMMV

https://brickseek.com/p/spyderco-resilience-peg/375953

Also, the Ontario Rat 1 is $13 in some stores

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =873027285
Haha! Check this out. I was just there yesterday. Saw the Rat1 and asked wife if I could get it. She said “No, you just got one in the mail today(Province)! You don’t need any more knives!” Then I noticed the Resilience was only $25! So I asked her if I could pretty please get that one. She looked at me, and without hesitation said, “Yes. That’s a really good price.” Haha! Even she couldn’t say no to a good deal on a new Spyderco! One of the many, many reasons I love my wife! She was even looking to see if the Tenacious was on sale too!

And also fwiw, I have two Walmart’s in my immediate area, one has it at $25, the other $35. Do a search on Walmart.com for the resilience PEG. It will say in store purchase only and won’t let you add it to cart, but it will let you see the price and quantity left at your local stores.
“My job? Boilers and toilets, toilets and boilers. Plus that one boiling toilet. Fire me if you dare.”
-Scruffy Scruffington

User avatar
araneae
Member
Posts: 4649
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:10 pm
Location: A lil more south of the Erie shore, Ohio

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby araneae » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:34 pm

:confused: Mine shows 3 in stock locally, I found nothing in the store today.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Just got: Wharncliffe & Waved D'flies

The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal

User avatar
Pelagic
Member
Posts: 2027
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm
Location: East Coast/Nomadic

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby Pelagic » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:40 pm

araneae wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:34 pm
:confused: Mine shows 3 in stock locally, I found nothing in the store today.
Almost every Walmart has the tenacious, but less than half have the resilience in my experience. Tenacious gets all the love.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?

User avatar
DSH007
Member
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:49 pm
Location: Merrimac, MA

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby DSH007 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:21 am

abbazaba wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:57 pm
Reliance $25 at Walmart in store YMMV

https://brickseek.com/p/spyderco-resilience-peg/375953

Also, the Ontario Rat 1 is $13 in some stores

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =873027285
Can confirm! I got lucky and picked up the last $25 Resilience from my local Walmart this past Friday. There were a handful of $13 RAT 1s there too. There were also some $9 SOGs that looked pretty decent for the price. These were all in the clearance aisle, not the knife aisle. Walmart is about the last place I'd send somebody to buy a knife, but these are some pretty great deals, if you can find them..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..

User avatar
abbazaba
Member
Posts: 2845
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Location: New England

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby abbazaba » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:47 am

araneae wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:34 pm
:confused: Mine shows 3 in stock locally, I found nothing in the store today.
When I found the Resilience, they were not in the case but over by the register in individual lock boxes. The Rat 1 was still in the case. Both for $38 was a fine deal for me.

Notsurewhy
Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby Notsurewhy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:08 pm

Ran by my local Walmart and they were out of resilience despite showing two available on the website. This is why I never shop at Walmart.

Oh well, picked up an Ontario RAT 1 as a consolation prize. Didn't really need it, but it's a solid knife for gas station mtech price ($13).

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 2875
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby steelcity16 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:17 pm

Found 3 Resiliences at my 2nd closest Wal Mart and grabbed them all. The regular price for that knife is a steal, so at $25 I had to get all three to keep in each car and in the garage. I love these choil-less knives. I really wish there was something like a Tenacious LW Backlock Salt. That would be the ultimate EDC for me.
:spyder: Enjoys long walks on the beach with rustproof lightweight folding knives. Must love Boye Dents and deep carry wire clips. :spyder:

User avatar
Pelagic
Member
Posts: 2027
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm
Location: East Coast/Nomadic

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby Pelagic » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:04 pm

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:17 pm
Found 3 Resiliences at my 2nd closest Wal Mart and grabbed them all. The regular price for that knife is a steal, so at $25 I had to get all three to keep in each car and in the garage. I love these choil-less knives. I really wish there was something like a Tenacious LW Backlock Salt. That would be the ultimate EDC for me.
Lucky. I wanted to do the same thing. They make great gifts
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?

User avatar
abbazaba
Member
Posts: 2845
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Location: New England

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby abbazaba » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:46 am

Any knife day sales out there?

SF Native
Member
Posts: 1231
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:25 am
Location: Fairfax, Ca

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby SF Native » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:08 pm

abbazaba wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:46 am
Any knife day sales out there?
I doubt that anyone cares that is knife day.
Labor Day coming up! Maybe something for that one next week.

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 8743
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby bearfacedkiller » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:13 pm

I’ve seen a few knife dealers running specials for NKD but nothing too great and no Spydies. I could really use an EBay deal right now.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

Monty
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby Monty » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:28 pm

Bladehq has a few mark downs, I was hoping to see more posted here today.

User avatar
Vivi
Member
Posts: 5779
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby Vivi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:37 am

If anyone knows where Spyderhawks are in stock, can you PM me? Thinking about grabbing a backup if I can find one.

User avatar
jdw
Member
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm
Location: Red Dirt

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby jdw » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:30 am

Vivi wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:37 am
If anyone knows where Spyderhawks are in stock, can you PM me? Thinking about grabbing a backup if I can find one.
Country Knives has them in stock for full MSRP. If you are looking for a hard to find or sold out knife they are always a good try, as long as you are willing to pay MSRP. We get spoiled to MAP pricing but I am glad there are small brick and mortars (multiple generation store) making it still charging MSRP. I have only spoken to them over the phone but the folks who run it are really friendly. I would rather buy from them than a flipper.
“All of my words, if not well put nor well taken, are well meant."
-- Woody Guthrie

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 2542
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby The Meat man » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:49 am

jdw wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:30 am
Vivi wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:37 am
If anyone knows where Spyderhawks are in stock, can you PM me? Thinking about grabbing a backup if I can find one.
Country Knives has them in stock for full MSRP. If you are looking for a hard to find or sold out knife they are always a good try, as long as you are willing to pay MSRP. We get spoiled to MAP pricing but I am glad there are small brick and mortars (multiple generation store) making it still charging MSRP. I have only spoken to them over the phone but the folks who run it are really friendly. I would rather buy from them than a flipper.

I agree. I've been to their store and they are very helpful, polite, and friendly. It's a great place to get to handle some rare or discontinued knives.
I'd 100% rather give them my money than some random eBay seller.
- Connor

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

SF Native
Member
Posts: 1231
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:25 am
Location: Fairfax, Ca

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Postby SF Native » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:23 am

Vivi wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:37 am
If anyone knows where Spyderhawks are in stock, can you PM me? Thinking about grabbing a backup if I can find one.
New graham


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bloke, normal, setldown, TkoK83Spy, TomAiello, wolfstyle and 26 guests