Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vgex

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by vgex »

Well, I sent the Caly 3.5, I purchased from Amazon, to Customer Service a couple of weeks ago due to some weird scuffing forming. I hadn't heard anything, so I emailed them yesterday. After a bit of back and forth, they found my repair and tried to call me. While I missed the call, the voicemail was not confidence inspiring. Hopefully, I'll find out on Monday what's going on with this knife, but I think I'm done with Amazon deals. Between the shipping issue and this, I'll stick with the regular dealers.
JimP

Post by JimP »

vgex wrote:Well, I sent the Caly 3.5, I purchased from Amazon, to Customer Service a couple of weeks ago due to some weird scuffing forming. I hadn't heard anything, so I emailed them yesterday. After a bit of back and forth, they found my repair and tried to call me. While I missed the call, the voicemail was not confidence inspiring. Hopefully, I'll find out on Monday what's going on with this knife, but I think I'm done with Amazon deals. Between the shipping issue and this, I'll stick with the regular dealers.
If it is scuffing around the pivot area of the blade I can say that is actually normal for Calys. They have no washers, the blade runs directly against the liners and the softer outer laminations do end up with circular scuff/scratch marks....however if these aren't the marks you were refering to, please ignore this post :p
Last edited by JimP on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Amazon knows nothing about knives (or any other specific product). They specialize in order fulfillment and delivery (at which they are the best in the world). If you have a problem with something you bought from them, your best bet is just to return it for a refund and try again (either at Amazon or elsewhere).
thomasomoore

Post by thomasomoore »

Slysz Bowie for $250 on jet.com - promo code save15
Co-Founder Spyderco Millie, PM2, Para3 club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/milliepm2p3club
@thomasomoore
@milliepm2p3club
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

thomasomoore wrote:Slysz Bowie for $250 on jet.com - promo code save15
Max discount is $20 so that's $280
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

vgex wrote:Well, I sent the Caly 3.5, I purchased from Amazon, to Customer Service a couple of weeks ago due to some weird scuffing forming. I hadn't heard anything, so I emailed them yesterday. After a bit of back and forth, they found my repair and tried to call me. While I missed the call, the voicemail was not confidence inspiring. Hopefully, I'll find out on Monday what's going on with this knife, but I think I'm done with Amazon deals. Between the shipping issue and this, I'll stick with the regular dealers.
Not sure if this is what you mean but the Calys don't use washers so they all have scuff marks encircling the pivot.
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

Any promo codes out there where I can get an Enuff clip point?

https://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/stor ... SPFB31CPBK&
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

NGK has 3 of them in their clearance section for $89.95.
ConspicuousConsumption

dsvirsky wrote:NGK has 3 of them in their clearance section for $89.95.
Done. Now I need to figure out how to get the package before my fiance sees what I've done...again. Another new knife. I have a problem. :spyder:
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

ConspicuousConsumption wrote:
dsvirsky wrote:NGK has 3 of them in their clearance section for $89.95.
Done. Now I need to figure out how to get the package before my fiance sees what I've done...again. Another new knife. I have a problem. :spyder:
I don't wish to stir the pot. Let's just say that I am a "good life facilitator". :D

bh49

Post by bh49 »

ConspicuousConsumption wrote: Done. Now I need to figure out how to get the package before my fiance sees what I've done...again. Another new knife. I have a problem. :spyder:
do not worry about this too much. Just work with you better half. When I started this hobby, my wife stated:"I cannot understand this hobby". And it wasn't said calmly. Now after 12 years, she wants to see every new knife, expressing her opinion and found ladybug to be very useful EDC.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
ConspicuousConsumption

bh49 wrote:
ConspicuousConsumption wrote: Done. Now I need to figure out how to get the package before my fiance sees what I've done...again. Another new knife. I have a problem. :spyder:
do not worry about this too much. Just work with you better half. When I started this hobby, my wife stated:"I cannot understand this hobby". And it wasn't said calmly. Now after 12 years, she wants to see every new knife, expressing her opinion and found ladybug to be very useful EDC.
I appreciate it. I'm a much bigger gun nut than knife nut, so she's really feeling discombobulated, I think.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Knife Center has the titanium/Elmax Squeak for $109.95.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
LDB

Post by LDB »

MassDrop has a blue box on the Manix 2 at $83.99 which is basically MAP pricing but 50% of buyers will receive upgraded knives and some buyers will also receive bonus items.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-b ... emailshare
Rhix

Post by Rhix »

I ordered 2 Delicas from Amazon for less than $60 each. Certain colors are at that price-orange, blue and brown if I remember correctly.
LDB

Post by LDB »

MassDrop has the Military Digi Camo for $160.99 with a case or you can opt for $150.99 and no case.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/spyderco-m ... emailshare
vgex

Post by vgex »

My Massdrop Native 5 Blue Box resulted in a Blue FRN S110V upgrade. I will definitely keep an eye out for those Blue Boxes in the future.
LDB

Post by LDB »

My Native 5 is just a Native 5 but after 3 for 3 upgrades on Blue Box Delicas I can't complain. The Military a couple posts up isn't a Blue Box but still not a bad deal compared to ordering online elsewhere.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Sharpmaker is $48 at Amazon...
mb1

Post by mb1 »

abbazaba wrote:Sharpmaker is $48 at Amazon...
Nice deal. That was worth it to get a backup. :cool:
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man