Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Hungarian has never been on my radar, but I've picked one up at $109.99. Thanks to all the enablers! :p

Am curious how this is in hand as the bolster horns look less ergonomic.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I got one of those "super deal" Hungarians about two weeks ago. I ended up paying $120 and I was concerned that it might be fake, but fortunately it was not! At $109 I'm actually fairly tempted to pick up a second!
This knife is an absolute sleeper! It's wicked comfortable in hand, great blade shape, and it's a seriously good looking knife! Very much worth it!
-Nick :bug-red
mb1

Post by mb1 »

jabba359 wrote:
mb1 wrote:My Puukko was delivered a little while ago (because when you're giving product away, why not offer same day delivery?). First Puukko, first Spyderco leather sheath. Very nice! The handle is much lighter colored than the picture...super grippy with the sand blast finish.

May all of your deals be crazy. Enjoy. :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Also got mine tonight with same day delivery. Mine came via airmail, as in the Amazon guy literally threw it out of his vehicle and over the fence into the yard. Box is a little banged up, but the knife is okay. Was your plastic bag around the knife sealed? Mine was cut off on one end, almost as if it were a return, but the Amazon-placed stickers on both ends were intact, so who knows?

Either way, I'm glad they're sold out now, or I'd probably order another one. I didn't think I'd like it a ton, but it's a pretty nice knife and I would have ordered a second one at $60.
Lol - airmail. To my surprise, my spydie box appeared to be factory stickered shut. I say that, but now I can't recall if any of my boxes have ever been sealed. I believe the knife was sealed in the bag too. I can't remember for some reason. The knife appears to be unhandled, which is a first for me from Amazon. I never order from them anymore, but when I first started the addiction, I was 3 for 3 on getting "used" knives and gave up ordering from them. They only seem to sell something as "open box" if there is visible damage to the packaging.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Matt Deaner

Post by Matt Deaner »

I am still waiting on both of my Pukko orders(one at 80, one at 60). There has been some kind of shipping issue... may be weather related.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Yeah, y'all are a bunch of enablers. For some reason the Hungarian was never really on my radar, but I've never seen one in person.

$109 isn't too much to risk as long as I receive a genuine Spyderco and not a return. Plus I had $80 in reward points dying to be used, so I just ordered my Hungarian for $39. :) I hope I like it. It's CTS-XHP, what's not to like? :D
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Matt Deaner

Post by Matt Deaner »

Whoa, where did you get it for $39?

Edit - never mind... I see you used points. I guess I got to excited and skimmed your post.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:Hungarian has never been on my radar, but I've picked one up at $109.99. Thanks to all the enablers! :p
We are here to help :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
fanglekai

Post by fanglekai »

The first Hungarian I got looked used. I returned it and ordered another. This one looks brand new, no scratches.

The action is smooth. The frame is smooth and everything is fitted nicely. The grind is even and it took just a few passes on the Sharpmaker to get it hair popping sharp. Easy 1 hand open and closing. Nicely balanced in hand. This is a very nice knife.

The blade is slightly off center towards the lock side. There is a tiny amount of vertical play in the locked position that I'd never notice unless I was looking for it. Perhaps it'll get tighter with use if the lockbar travels a little, we'll see. Is vertical play something Spyderco would fix under warranty? I've never had one with any play so this is a first for me.

Overall a very nice knife and the price was too good to pass up.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Hungarian still $110. And I am trying to convince myself that I do not need 3 of them.
Also, Memory is $140 at Massdrop. Certainly must have for these money. I bought mine couple years ago and paid quite different price. Great and seriously underappreciated knife. With 2mm thin FFG blade it slices probably better than any other spyderco. Also, looks great.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

fanglekai wrote:There is a tiny amount of vertical play in the locked position that I'd never notice unless I was looking for it. Perhaps it'll get tighter with use if the lockbar travels a little, we'll see. Is vertical play something Spyderco would fix under warranty? I've never had one with any play so this is a first for me.
I owned a Hungarian some time ago. It had vertical play or lock rock as people call it. I was surprised.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

ABX2011 wrote:
fanglekai wrote:There is a tiny amount of vertical play in the locked position that I'd never notice unless I was looking for it. Perhaps it'll get tighter with use if the lockbar travels a little, we'll see. Is vertical play something Spyderco would fix under warranty? I've never had one with any play so this is a first for me.
I owned a Hungarian some time ago. It had vertical play or lock rock as people call it. I was surprised.
I would hate blade play. I am not sure, if Spyderco would fix it. Probably it depends on how bad play is.

osprey

Post by osprey »

Nilakka currently selling for $119 and change on Amazon.com
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

osprey wrote:Nilakka currently selling for $119 and change on Amazon.com
It has been slowly dropping in price over the last few days. If nobody buys them, they'll drop even lower in price. I'm waiting for them to go below $100 like the Puukko did.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

captnvegtble wrote:
osprey wrote:Nilakka currently selling for $119 and change on Amazon.com
It has been slowly dropping in price over the last few days. If nobody buys them, they'll drop even lower in price. I'm waiting for them to go below $100 like the Puukko did.
Shucks, I'd grab it in a second for that price if I didnt already own one. Great Spydie, the Nilakka.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Yeah that's a great price! I just picked one up at a similar price and am very happy with it. If you're on the fence I recommend you go for it.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
AlwaysTomboy

Post by AlwaysTomboy »

I caved and bought one. Nilakka is the one 2017 discontinued model I want to get before they're all gone. $25 amazon gift card brought the total down to $102 and at that price, I couldn't justify not getting it any longer. Good to hear positive things about it.
(Sent from iPod)
00max00

Post by 00max00 »

AlwaysTomboy wrote:I caved and bought one. Nilakka is the one 2017 discontinued model I want to get before they're all gone. $25 amazon gift card brought the total down to $102 and at that price, I couldn't justify not getting it any longer. Good to hear positive things about it.
Where did you get the gift card for free?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Yeah that's a great price! I just picked one up at a similar price and am very happy with it. If you're on the fence I recommend you go for it.
Good deal :D
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

00max00 wrote:
AlwaysTomboy wrote:I caved and bought one. Nilakka is the one 2017 discontinued model I want to get before they're all gone. $25 amazon gift card brought the total down to $102 and at that price, I couldn't justify not getting it any longer. Good to hear positive things about it.

Most gift cards are free to the recipient when given as a gift... just speculation. :)
Going back to Caly.
AlwaysTomboy

Post by AlwaysTomboy »

SpeedHoles wrote:
00max00 wrote:
Most gift cards are free to the recipient when given as a gift... just speculation. :)
Oh, yes. Sorry for any confusion. The gift card was, in fact, a gift. :-)
(Sent from iPod)