Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by DougC-3 »

TomAiello wrote:I own most of the Manix 2 variants, and the s110v LW is pretty much my be all-end all. The only one that beats it out for pocket space if I'm not doing comparison "testing" is the Maxamet LW, and if I could only keep one it would be the stainless variant.
I didn't take to it as much for some reason, but use it a lot for discrete carry, with an anodized Sage clip. I usually like a little more heft and have even started back carrying my unskeletonized ones some recently. But I think I'm semi-consciously doing that to psych myself up for the upcoming Shaman, which is listed as 5.2oz, about the same as the original M2s.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
LDB

Post by LDB »

Shame on you, you bad influences! And what is blurple? Presumably a merging of blue and purple? Figured I should know since you bad influences caused me to order the S110 Manix. Yeah, that's it, it's all you bad influences. Totally. I'm absolved of any fault. :rolleyes: :D
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

murphjd25 wrote:There's a caly jr on the exchange right now for a bill..****!!
Sorry guys I had to grab this one, I've been looking for a burgundy caly jr for too long. :D
Josh
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

LDB wrote:Shame on you, you bad influences! And what is blurple? Presumably a merging of blue and purple? Figured I should know since you bad influences caused me to order the S110 Manix. Yeah, that's it, it's all you bad influences. Totally. I'm absolved of any fault. :rolleyes: :D
Congratulations! You got one of the last 2. The price is back up to $140.97 now. Enjoy :p
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

murphjd25 wrote:
murphjd25 wrote:There's a caly jr on the exchange right now for a bill..****!!
Sorry guys I had to grab this one, I've been looking for a burgundy caly jr for too long. :D
That was a nice one, good snag.
PM2 Cruwear, PM2 S35VN, PM2 S30V, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 LW CTS-XHP, Native 5 LW S35VN, Native 5 G10 S35VN, Mantra M4, Sage 5 S30V, Chaparral CTS-XHP, Stretch Hap40, Stretch VG10, Centofante 3 VG10, Delica 4 Hap40, Delica 4 ZDP 189, Delica 4 VG10, Dragonfly 2 VG10, Ladybug 3 H1, Caly3 ZDP189, Urban LW K390
LDB

Post by LDB »

Massdrop has the Native 5 for $86.99 with a significant probability of upgrades and/or bonus items.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/blue-box-s ... emailshare
jeff4air

Post by jeff4air »

Just snagged the gray Delica 4 on the "large river" site for $55. My first Delica...
Own- PM2 S30V, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, Chap CF CTS-XHP, Sage 5 S30V, KW CF/Ti Military S90V, Caly 3.5 CF ZDP-189, KW Military CTS-204P, Delica 4 VG-10, Native 5 LW S110V, Para3 S90V CF Sprint, Native 5 Green G-10 S90V Sprint, PM2 CF M4 Sprint, Para 3 BBS M390, Para 3 Maxamet, Delica HAP 40 WC Jazz Sprint, Endura laminate Sprint Blue
Wishlist- Salt 2 SE H1
vgex

Post by vgex »

LDB wrote:Massdrop has the Native 5 for $86.99 with a significant probability of upgrades and/or bonus items.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/blue-box-s ... emailshare
I figured I would give this a try for my first Massdrop purchase. I'll let y'all know what the result is. Thanks for the heads up LDB.
jms677

Post by jms677 »

The Massdrop Native 5 is really tempting. Looking to get my first Spyderco and I've been debating the Delica vs Native...also the Para 3. Choices
rivy

Post by rivy »

I love my native 5 FRN. Even though I already have one I am tempted to try and get an upgraded version for the base price.
rivy

Post by rivy »

jms677 wrote:The Massdrop Native 5 is really tempting. Looking to get my first Spyderco and I've been debating the Delica vs Native...also the Para 3. Choices
You won't regret the Native. I think the ergos are better than the delica, it also has better steel than both the delica or the para 3.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Midwest Diesel Tech

Post by Midwest Diesel Tech »

Grabbed the Yojimbo 2 for 99.56 from amazon. I've had it on a wish list for a while, and seeing it drop under a bill had me sold.
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

Only reason I don't jump on some of these is I know what's coming and can't do them all. That Shaman in particular.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Thanks for the ebay coupon tip! I (may have) grabbed a new black blade G-10 Manix2 for $70.95!! ...if it's as pictured and described. If it turns out to be a light weight FRCP model, it would still be a good deal, which I could return or unload... same if it turns out to be the old hollow grind, which I already have. I have no mall ninja fantasies, etc; I just like the solid black model and don't have the FFG version. I'll report back when I find out what I actually get, probably Friday.
LDB

Post by LDB »

Massdrop has the Foundry for $139.99 and free shipping provided 4 more people buy. It's limited to 15 total so not a lot of room for waiting.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/spyderco-f ... emailshare
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

LDB wrote:Massdrop has the Foundry for $139.99 and free shipping provided 4 more people buy. It's limited to 15 total so not a lot of room for waiting.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/spyderco-f ... emailshare
This is one of my favorites. I'm in.
Thinking I will do a stonewash finish on it.
LDB

Post by LDB »

Massdrop has the Cold Steel Recon 1 XL for $99.99. For comparison it's $139.99 at BladeHQ. If you want a really large folder it's hard to beat. I hope it's ok to post crazy deals for other knives.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/cold-steel ... emailshare
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Bring on the July 4th sales...where are they??
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

LDB wrote:**** has the Cold Steel Recon 1 XL for $****. For comparison it's $**** at ****. If you want a really large folder it's hard to beat. I hope it's ok to post crazy deals for other knives.

https://www.please_use_common_sense.com
Being that this is a Spyderco forum, I would respectfully ask that the deals in this thread be limited to Spyderco products only. I have not been on this forum long, but I think it sensible and prudent to mention products that support only the home team, Spyderco. To highlight good deals on competing brands here in this forum does nothing to help Spyderco or its many employees. :)