Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vgex

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by vgex »

I don't mean to upset the apple cart, so I won't provide a link, but if you missed out on the G-10 Manix 2 S110V, from you know where, it's back in-stock (not sold by China).
g4nz0

Post by g4nz0 »

Massdrop has Para 2 for $111ish if you skip the pouch.

LV
LDB

Post by LDB »

The PM2 link if someone wants to take advantage of it. $110.99 and free shipping.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/spyderco-p ... emailshare
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Blurple G10 Manix S110V 105.00 at Amazon.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Yojimbo 2 $100 sold by Amazon
fanucman

Post by fanucman »

abbazaba wrote:Yojimbo 2 $100 sold by Amazon
I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it.......
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

Yeah, that Yo is tempting. My favorite knife to fiddle with. Have been mulling getting a backup. Hmmmm.
attila

Post by attila »

fanucman wrote:
Same thing I've been telling myself about that $105 blurple Manix! :(
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

attila wrote:
fanucman wrote:
Same thing I've been telling myself about that $105 blurple Manix! :(
Yeah :( plus, if anybody found out they didn't like blurple, they could just dye it good ol' black.
But they would probably find out they really like blurple.
Last edited by DougC-3 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Dupe post
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

I didn't need the Manix either. It's scheduled for delivery the 28th :)
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

bouhunter wrote:I didn't need the Manix either. It's scheduled for delivery the 28th :)
Ha. Mine just arrived yesterday. That makes 12. 13 of you count the XL :'D

FYI, wasn't gonna post it, but I just got a Camelcamelcamel.com alert for the Damascus Titanium Delica... $143 sold by Amazon.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

In case anybody wants an original D'Allara plain edge drop point new w/box, there's one on the bay now with the first and only bid of $125, auction over in 3 hrs, 20min (8:40 CDT)... OK... I'm that bidder and I'm getting cold feet :( It's actually not a good time for me to be making a purchase like that, but if that's what the fates have in mind so be it :p
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

DougC-3 wrote:In case anybody wants an original D'Allara plain edge drop point new w/box, there's one on the bay now with the first and only bid of $125, auction over in 3 hrs, 20min (8:40 CDT)... OK... I'm that bidder and I'm getting cold feet :( It's actually not a good time for me to be making a purchase like that, but if that's what the fates have in mind so be it :p
Is this the one? Spyderco D'Allara Drop Point C82PBK2
I have a bid out on another blade and can't help you but maybe someone else will jump on it.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Mad Mac wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:In case anybody wants an original D'Allara plain edge drop point new w/box, there's one on the bay now with the first and only bid of $125, auction over in 3 hrs, 20min (8:40 CDT)... OK... I'm that bidder and I'm getting cold feet :( It's actually not a good time for me to be making a purchase like that, but if that's what the fates have in mind so be it :p
Is this the one? Spyderco D'Allara Drop Point C82PBK2
I have a bid out on another blade and can't help you but maybe someone else will jump on it.
Yep, that's it. As you can see, I'm a little wishy washy about it, but I'm OK either way -- it's been on my want-list for 2 or 3 years and that's probably the cheapest I've seen a new one. But then, I wasn't really looking for a new one, just one in good shape... but that's a good price for a used one...
Last edited by DougC-3 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

There's a caly jr on the exchange right now for a bill..****!!
Josh
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Well, someone else bid on the above-mentioned D'Allara FRN drop point, and I decided I'd waffle on it and try one of those S110V G-10 Manixes at Amazon :D The price had dropped to $103.04 with free prime shipping. This will be my first Blurple knife and, believe it or not, my first knife bought from Amazon. My state has started charging 8% sales tax at Amazon some of the time at least. It may just be on items shipped by Amazon.

This makes an even dozen Manixes for me counting 2 XLs, and I know that's not too many, because Abbazaba has 13 ^^ :D

They only have 2 left at this price, so somebody better jump on 'em quick!
palonej

Post by palonej »

The blurple Manix is the Manix with the most amazing build quality of the 7 I have! It came with the best edge, action, lock up......everything!!
My favorite Manix by far!
You're gonna love it!
Joe
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

palonej wrote:The blurple Manix is the Manix with the most amazing build quality of the 7 I have! It came with the best edge, action, lock up......everything!!
My favorite Manix by far!
You're gonna love it!
Joe
I've been hearing great things about the grind and fit & finish and wanting to try out at least something in blurple. Another reason I bought this one is that I want to test it against S90V in my XL (not formally) to help with my decision about whether or not to go for the upcoming CF Manix2 CPM154/S90V as my be all-end all M2. I have the S110V light weight but thought l'd like to try it in the G-10 platform as well. I know how crazy everybody is about S110V but I have strange leanings toward S90V.

And oh yes, the $103.04 price is just nuts -- $38 less than MAP and even $14 less than the LtWt FRCP S110V model :confused: so it's a real slam dunk :p
Last edited by DougC-3 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I own most of the Manix 2 variants, and the s110v LW is pretty much my be all-end all. The only one that beats it out for pocket space if I'm not doing comparison "testing" is the Maxamet LW, and if I could only keep one it would be the stainless variant.