Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by bh49 »

AlwaysTomboy wrote:
bh49 wrote:This can be a scary sign that the knife is getting axed. This will be a real shame.
Man, I hate to hear that. Love the Calys. I like that there's still one as a regular production model. :-/
I am with you on this. Both Calys are among the best Spyderco designs ever.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

bh49 wrote:
AlwaysTomboy wrote:Caly 3.5 is $103 on Amazon again.
This can be a scary sign that the knife is getting axed. This will be a real shame.
My mind kind of went there too. Is it possible that Spyderco may keep the Caly 3.5, but offer it in a different steel?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

The G-10 models and CF Caly 3 were disco'd, leaving nothing but the CF 3.5 model and there was talk about problems with production at the Moki factory. But the recent release of the Caly 3 Green G-10 HAP40 model sort of implies that all that got worked out. If I were going to prognosticate, I'd bet that new models would continue to be released if there was sufficient demand.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

If anyone is on the fence on the caly 3.5 you need to jump on that deal. Not trying to be an enabler but it is such an amazing knife. It'd be a shame if they get discoed too.
Josh
Top Quality Knives

Post by Top Quality Knives »

Slumblor wrote:
camvdcs wrote:What is the name of TopQualityKnives eBay store?
kershawspydercoknives
If interested all you need to do is search for Top Quality Knives on ebay in advance search under store name only. Thanks!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

DougC-3 wrote:The G-10 models and CF Caly 3 were disco'd, leaving nothing but the CF 3.5 model and there was talk about problems with production at the Moki factory. But the recent release of the Caly 3 Green G-10 HAP40 model sort of implies that all that got worked out. If I were going to prognosticate, I'd bet that new models would continue to be released if there was sufficient demand.
Doug,
I was really happy to see announcement of Caly3 sprint. For me like for you it was an indication that things started to work out with Moki. But may be not. Sprint is not released yet. I like CF/ZDP189 model, but will have no problem, if Spyderco would go back to VG10 and different color G10.
murphjd25 wrote:If anyone is on the fence on the caly 3.5 you need to jump on that deal. Not trying to be an enabler but it is such an amazing knife. It'd be a shame if they get discoed too.
Certainly. I bought two more spares. IMHO $102 for this knife is the super steal.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

ero2

Post by ero2 »

AlwaysTomboy wrote:Caly 3.5 is $103 on Amazon again. *tries to remain strong & resist temptation* :o

Any concern it isn't a real spyderco? Same one is 185 at knife center unless I'm missing something? If not, ordering one now lol.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I have no concerns:
1. Amazon will not knowingly sell fakes. I think that the only way for Amazon to contaminate their stock with fakes, if somebody would buy a knife and return fake.
2. I bought two at this price. I didn't see any differences to compare with the knife, which I bought a long time ago
3. I never saw Spyderco fakes with laminated blades, except "Damascus Native". This doesn't mean that they do not exist.

flatearth

Post by flatearth »

so I noticed amazon is selling a few models for less than MAP, even for the non-disco models...

PM2 black blade/black g10 for $116.86
GB2 for $131.17
disco battlestation at $115.31
mantra 2 for $156.57
native 5 g10 for $130.95
and the caly 3.5 as mentioned previously
and probably more if you keep searching...

amazon is possibly breaking the rules once again, or their auto pricing AI is a little off
Last edited by flatearth on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

ero2 wrote:Any concern it isn't a real spyderco? Same one is 185 at knife center unless I'm missing something? If not, ordering one now lol.
I bought one of these from Amazon a couple weeks ago when they were the same price. Definitely the real thing and well worth the price. I'm still not sure if I like the smooth carbon fiber scales. It certainly looks nice but I'd prefer something with a little texture. Not complaining, considering the price I'm very happy with the knife.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I really like the smooth carbon scales for a "gents knife" EDC, which is what I'd use this for.
ero2

Post by ero2 »

I grabbed one! I've been looking for something like the PM2, but no G10 because I wear dress pants everyday. Also, since its amazon, could always return it if I hate it. Thanks guys!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TomAiello wrote:I really like the smooth carbon scales for a "gents knife" EDC, which is what I'd use this for.
Definitely not a deal breaker for me and, as you said, fine for a Gents knife. I'd just prefer a little texture like the cf/g10 laminate used on the cf Chap, Sage 1, and GBs
ero2 wrote:I grabbed one! I've been looking for something like the PM2, but no G10 because I wear dress pants everyday. Also, since its amazon, could always return it if I hate it. Thanks guys!
I think you'll be really happy with this knife. It's perfect for someone who wears dress pants and wants a 3.5" blade. It really does carry small compared to other knives I have with 3.5" blades. The Mantra is similar in this regard.
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Sharp Guy wrote: I'm still not sure if I like the smooth carbon fiber scales. It certainly looks nice but I'd prefer something with a little texture.
Taste can change. I used to hate smooth CF (as well as uneven laminated lines) and love peel ply G10. I owned CF/ZDP189 for at least five years. Never carried and sold it. Now I near hate peel ply G10 and guess what: my second most carried knife is Caly3 CF/ZDP189, which I bought may be a year after I sold my original. :eek:

palonej

Post by palonej »

murphjd25 wrote:If anyone is on the fence on the caly 3.5 you need to jump on that deal. Not trying to be an enabler but it is such an amazing knife. It'd be a shame if they get discoed too.
Not trying to be an enabler??????? Bet you cannot say that with a straight face!!!
I just ordered one Josh........you ARE an enabler......but we HVAC dudes need to stick together, so I still love ya brother!!!
$103 for this knife is so excellent, to pass on it is almost crazy!!
Joe
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

The Caly 3.5 has been my primary EDC for years. A GREAT knife. I purchased one from the Amazon sale and there are slight differences between the newer and older versions. The pivot screw is larger on the newer model and the blade is not polished like the older version. A great knife at a great price. I have my primary edc and now 2 back-ups. Sorta tells you how much I like this knife. The Caly is a fantastic design.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

palonej wrote:
Not trying to be an enabler??????? Bet you cannot say that with a straight face!!!
I just ordered one Josh........you ARE an enabler......but we HVAC dudes need to stick together, so I still love ya brother!!!
$103 for this knife is so excellent, to pass on it is almost crazy!!
Joe
Hahahaha :rolleyes: way to go joe your gonna love it!!
Josh
palonej

Post by palonej »

I'm sure I will.....you shameless enabling HVACing enabler!!!
:confused: :D
jeff4air

Post by jeff4air »

2 left and I bought 1.
Own- PM2 S30V, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, Chap CF CTS-XHP, Sage 5 S30V, KW CF/Ti Military S90V, Caly 3.5 CF ZDP-189, KW Military CTS-204P, Delica 4 VG-10, Native 5 LW S110V, Para3 S90V CF Sprint, Native 5 Green G-10 S90V Sprint, PM2 CF M4 Sprint, Para 3 BBS M390, Para 3 Maxamet, Delica HAP 40 WC Jazz Sprint, Endura laminate Sprint Blue
Wishlist- Salt 2 SE H1
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

palonej wrote:I'm sure I will.....you shameless enabling HVACing enabler!!!
:confused: :D
It's impossible to have to many knives in the HVAC industry!!!, how else may I help you today!? :p :rolleyes:
Josh