What's the next 3" folder I should get? Suggestions please....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
zatoichi

What's the next 3" folder I should get? Suggestions please....

Post by zatoichi »

I need some advice on what the next 3" folder I should get, please.....I don't know....
zatoichi

Post by zatoichi »

I'm still blank. I have no clue what I should get.....
-undecided compulsive buyer
golem

Post by golem »

go get a fake spyderco first, use it and see how bad it works and what kind of usage you need. Then go to the local dealer for real spydies, and you will surely find what you need and kick the fake one into pacific ocean.
zatoichi

Post by zatoichi »

hahaha! that's funny. I'm not going to throw my money away on a fake Spydie....anyway, I'll just get one I haven't got yet...of course.
wiley sharp

Post by wiley sharp »

lets say it together....DRAGONFLY.....d...r...a...g...o...n...f...l...y...

oh yeah.... very nice, strong as a mother!!!
get one! get two!! get 40!!
zatoichi

Post by zatoichi »

Thanx Wiley sharp, I think I'll consider it.... or a nice limited edition spydie somewhere.....
mschwoeb

Post by mschwoeb »

depends on what you want to spend, and what you already have. Myself, i bought a buck strider mini spearpoint, and a buck lightning for that size bracket. Dont worry, I have like four spydies, just like both of these brands.
RickdM

Post by RickdM »

If you are talking about a folder with a 3" blade, then you are really in the Spyderco sweetspot. The three that come to mind are the Calypso Jr. Lwt., the Native, and the Delica. For me the Calypso is just a great design and the blade geometry makes it an incredible cutter, the Native is the strongest, and the Delica is very close to the Calypso and a classic Spyderco design. You will enjoy any of them, but I would buy the Calypso since it is going out of production.

Rick
Jazzman

Post by Jazzman »

I would go with the lightweight Calypso Jr. VG10, flat grind. Enough said. I really like the delicas but i don't carry one anymore because of how weak the tips are.
Matt
zatoichi

Post by zatoichi »

Hi Rickdm & Jazzman,

I appreciate your honest opinions. I think you guys just narrowed it down for me. I do appreciate the advice. And money is no object....I have plenty. I feel like saving up for a limited edition, though. I'm looking for QUALITY. So I guess it's which Spydie now.....
zatoichi

Post by zatoichi »

I just bought a custom Elishewitz Oracle w/ a damascus blade.....price -don't ask. But I'm still getting a Native, now which one....
panguero

Post by panguero »

Did I see the word Native? You'de be a little foolish not picking up one of the Ltd. Edition G10 Inlay Natives. They made 500 and several sites currently have them. These Ltds have serial mumbers and the look and feel is nifty. All the others models, except blue G10 are still in production, so why get those still being made if you have a choice; and you do. Get one in each inlay color/blade configuration and you'll be stylin'. If you like SS-then one of those is hard to beat.2 cents from a Native(s) owner.