Smokey Mt Knife Works

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
J Smith

Smokey Mt Knife Works

Post by J Smith »

Well we just got home.Spent most of the day at SMKWs and Bass Pro.
I took a few pics,I could have taken 100 and still not gotten it all.
Here they are.
This one is my kids out front,wife thought she got out of it but wasn't far enough away.
Next 2 are of the Spyderco case
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Heres a few of the store and displays.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

These are Chads,still in with the fantasy knives. :rolleyes:
I tried to get a pic here of the court house in Siverville
And my score for the day,I picked up a couple nice Kershaws on clearance with a pelican case and a couple crock sticks.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

thx for the photo story
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Thanks very much for the story and the nice pics :cool: :cool:

Nice score as well ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
redhawk44p

Post by redhawk44p »

Very nice . Thanks. That is such a great place to see bazillions of knives.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I would guess that there are more knives in this store than at Blade in Atlanta.
I will try to descibe how it is set up.
As you walk in,doors behind them in the first pic,this is the older part.The check out is by these doors,to the right is a isle with candy,jelly,mugs and odd gifts that turns a corner and dead ends at the rest rooms.Straight ahead and you have the main knife sales floor that is raised about 3 steps off the main floor,this is where most of the better knives are,some have moved into the addition now.Pic with my daughter looking at the Surefires.
Turn left and you have some huge old Case knife displays and more odd gifts,these isles to the left and right are about 20 feet wide and outline the main sales floor.Turn the corner and you have shirts,hats,belts,odd sheaths,display cases.a walkway on the right leading up to the sales floor and the entrance to the addition on the left,we will get back to that.turn the corner again and you are behind the main sales floor.This where you find Frost knives and fantasy knives and swords with some military baonets added in.to the left you have steps going up to the sales floor and going down the lower floor,the pic with the lady on the steps and the one that with the housewares sign in it.This was a description of the place as it was before they added the addition that is 3 story and more square footage on each floor than the older part.
Now for the addition,remember I said we would gfet back to that entrance?
You enter on the top floor,there you will find Magnum knives in the area with the ninja type stuff,Case knives,Sog,Gerber and a couple other better knives.
There is a ramp that winds down from the top floor to the bottom.I tried to get a pic of all three floors from the top.Second floor has S@W,United and a few others,I hardly ever look at.Bottom floor has African and Indian artafacts,beads,fossils,knife making supplies,knife sharpening and sharpening supplies.Then you have an entrance into the bottom floor of the older store with the housewares and kitchen knives.
While you are walking through all of this you are seeing a huge collection of mounted african game with a man made stream running from the top floor to the bottom.
I am sure I left tons out,you can stay at this place 12 hours and not see all of it.I went up by myself not to long ago before the addition was put on.Walked in about 9 am I really thought I had just been looking for a couple hours and thought I am hungry,better get lunch,I looked at my watch and it was near 5 PM.
Anyway there it is if you can make sense of it.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

thanks. i get their catalog and its cool to see the actual store. i'd love to spend the entire day there! wish there was something similar near where i live. knife store in NJ are few and far between, most with limited selections.

l really like that warnie kershaw you picked up. :)
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Thanks,Got a great deal on it.
Its the Centofante 1615 with high polished blade and black shinny scales.Very cool clipped pocket pouch.
Really a little small for me but I figured they would make good trading stuff.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
redhawk44p

Post by redhawk44p »

I get a bad case of sensory overload in there. I am like "oh yeah I want that knife" then I think I will look more because my funds are limited and I can only get the right ones. Then before I know it there are at least ten knives on the list and thousands more to look at. It is a blast but like torture in a way. If that store gets any bigger I won't survive the next trip. :D :cool:
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I have all ways thought they should start knife making.Build on a shop with a large window so people could watch and sell the custom knives they make.
I know what you mean by being over loaded,when I go I stick to either one knife I am after or look for knives on clearance and just look at the rest.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
rolyat1978

Post by rolyat1978 »

That's where I picked up my Chinook! I found out about it through my gf's father. We were visiting them in NC and on the way back to TX, I made a stop by, the pictures almost don't do that place justice...it's huge!
CombatGrappler

Post by CombatGrappler »

Well, thanks a lot Mr. Smith. Now I will have to do all that driving during one of my vacation weeks this coming year and visit the place. It looks awesome!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Thank you for the story and pictures. It looks like very nice place to visit. Too bad it is far away.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Nice to see that they have a :spyder: collection once again, they got down to nothing for quite a while.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Pretty soon stores like that wont exist anymore. The thought of even buying a Kitchen knife will be a thought of the past. enjoy it now I guess.