British Racing Green

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SimpleIsGood229

British Racing Green

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

Howdy y'all,

Quick question: were all the ZDP Enduras made with British racing green handles? It's kind of hard to tell in pictures between black and Britsh racing green. Plus, not all selllers mention that they're selling one with B.r.g.

Any suggestions on where to buy?

Thanks,
Steven R.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

To my knowledge..... yes.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Yes, the ZDP Enduras and regular production Delicas are all BRG handles. I got my last BRG PE Endura on eBay for about $68 plus shipping. I think the same seller has another one up now.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
swede

Post by swede »

I have a color comment, now that you bring it up.
I used to have a Lotus Elan that was British Racing Green. The BRG color on my knives looks much, much darker.
For what it's worth...
Dave
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Here's what Sal had to say about the color:
sal wrote:Hi David,

We pulled the color from the Lotus F1 cars of the late 50's and early 60's. One of Moss' cars. They were almost as dark as the JPS specials (black) when on the track,

I was going to paint my Elite (Lotus 14) BRG, but opted for a very dark blue with a white stripe (US racing colors).

Most of the factory cars were darker than the Westfield "versions", which didn't come out until long after Lotus stopped making the cars. Jaguar used a very dark green as well. Caterham also makes "replica's" of some of the Lotus models.

As a color for a knife, it is very nice. Shows some style, subdued without looking "tactical". It also makes the distinction bewteen the VG-10 and ZDP versions without reading the tang.

sal
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

Ahhh hah. Mucho thank you.

I like BRG and was hoping to get a ZDP Endura in BRG. Now that I don't have a choice, :rolleyes: it makes it much simpler for me. :)

-Steven R.

P.S. A forum is pretty much only as good as the people who post in it. Great forum, y'all! :cool:
Hercus

Post by Hercus »

British racing green, why not, I just bid on one on the bay.