Got my waved E4 Today...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
doubleclaw

Got my waved E4 Today...

Post by doubleclaw »

And I must say that I'm impressed with it! The Wave feature is taking some getting used to, because after carrying Spydies for twelve years, my thumb naturally seeks out the opening hole before I even think about it.

Love the dark blue FRN scales, too!

Any chance of a CE or SE version sometime in the future? :D
"Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without."
-Havamal, Verse 38
dmrllgr

Post by dmrllgr »

I have the waved E4 as well. I also have an Emerson CQC-14. That is the new snubby with the wave. I keep thinking about doing a comparison of the two in order to show by preference, but it seems like the summer is getting away from me. Long story short, I really like them both. The Spyderco was perfect right out of the box. The Emerson took some time to break in, but it is now just about perfect.
Gollum

Post by Gollum »

I probably have the most expensive E4 Wave in the world. I have a few thousand dollars wrapped up knives, but since I got the Wave, I've carried it everyday.
Great ergos, love the color, and the wave feature really grew on me a lot more than I thought it would.
Wave em all!
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Great knife, isn't it? I bought one last week (Endura 4 wave FRN). 6 months ago I looked at an Endura at a knife shop and it was way too much knife...now it's perfect...guess that means I've reached a higher level of knife consciousness since then...? :rolleyes: :D

Ex Special Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I really would like to get one of these knives if only for the color. I have never acutally used a "Wave" knife. I understand the concept and I have held an Emerson and played with it but never pulled one from the pocket.

I bet it's fun. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
doubleclaw

Post by doubleclaw »

I tried it a few times this evening, and I have to say it IS a pretty neat concept. Takes a little getting used to, but I like it.

I'm diggin' on the blade shape, too. The "ghetto practical" side of me is thinking that, with just a little modification, the wave notch would make a nifty beer bottle opener...
"Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without."
-Havamal, Verse 38
slacker

Post by slacker »

doubleclaw wrote:
I'm diggin' on the blade shape, too. The "ghetto practical" side of me is thinking that, with just a little modification, the wave notch would make a nifty beer bottle opener...
In a pinch, the wave notch makes a great bottle opener. Tried it over this past weekend, and it worked really well!
shu

Post by shu »

Starling, I find the standard E4 blade is more than I need for pocket carry, yet the waved version is my 'go to' knife. Something about the narrower chord just works for me.

doubleclaw, the wave works just fine as a bottle opener the way it is, no modifications are necessary IME.
Agent Starling

you've gotta be kidding...

Post by Agent Starling »

doubleclaw wrote:I'm diggin' on the blade shape, too. The "ghetto practical" side of me is thinking that, with just a little modification, the wave notch would make a nifty beer bottle opener...
really, doubleclaw...that's sacrilege! :p ;) :D

Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
Jeff2112

Post by Jeff2112 »

I'm very prejudice, but to me the E4 waved is the nicest zytel folder ever made! God forbid, but if I'm not going to be armed with a firearm I make sure that my E-4 is on me.
eljay

Post by eljay »

Heh. I lost my regular bottle opener just when Costco started carrying bottles of Mexican Coke, so I've been using my waved Endura to open them. Works great.
skcusloa

Post by skcusloa »

The waved endura 4 is the greatest knife ever made. I wish it were offered with different edge types.
Spyharpy

Post by Spyharpy »

I recently acquired a Delica Wave and tried to see how it opens when being pulled out of your pocket. I managed get the knife halfway opened until I learned to put some pressure towards the back as you're pulling the knife out so the wave hook can open the blade completely. Works great. Your knife is ready and open right out of the pocket. I may get the Endura Wave next.
JPTP

Post by JPTP »

No one here has made a Zip Tie wave???
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Hello, Spyharpy. Try pulling it out quite fast. It'll open up all the way quite quickly. Just watch where your hand is placed. I can't believe how fast it opens. I learned it from this forum :)

-best wishes, Jazz.
JBE

Post by JBE »

I'd love to see a waved E4 with a SE... :D Wonder what the odds of that happening are?
Jason