Caged Ball-Lock for D'Allara?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Axlis

Caged Ball-Lock for D'Allara?

Post by Axlis »

Howdy Sal! (or anyone in the know ;) )

Is the D'Allara going to be reworked with the caged ball-lock? I already believe it is one of the best in the line-up, and a caged ball would make it close to PERFECT.

If anyone has ever considered getting a D'Allara, don't think, DO IT!

I recall someone calling this one a real sleeper, and I wholeheartedly agree. :cool:
DRod

Post by DRod »

I agree totally. Though I don't EDC mine as much anymore since my Para Mili kicked it off the island. It still has about the best ergos of any knife Ive pocketed. I think the current lock is fine, but having not handled the caged lock, I cannot rule it out. It may very well kick the Para Mili off and take its place back in my pocket. Though I hear the Para Mili is supposed to get a caged ball, is this a rumor or is there some truth?

On another note. Having handled Spyderco's G10, I would like very much to see a D'Allara in G10. Is STR still doing G10? I though i heard somewhere that he won't work with it anymore. I might have to break out the dremel. :)
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
~ Peter Marshall, US Senate Chaplain 1947
charge

Post by charge »

My D'Allara is one of my favorite Spydies. Its the smoothest one I have.
I absolutely love the look and function of the ball lock. Lock-up is like a bank vault. I personally would never cover up that shiny little orb :D

The D'Allara is definatley a sleeper. Excellent value for the money.

charge
SonnyD

Post by SonnyD »

Like the rest of you, I love my D'allara! and MAN O' MAN, would I like to have one in G10!
Regards Sonny
Fender Strat...the Guitar that put the Rock in Rock&Roll
JBE

Post by JBE »

If they put a caged lock on it and thinned the profile down a bit it would be, IMO, just about the perfect EDC.
Jason
DRod

Post by DRod »

I think fully lined G10 would slim it down just right. :)
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
~ Peter Marshall, US Senate Chaplain 1947