Enduras / Delicas with the FRN clip

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CJF

Enduras / Delicas with the FRN clip

Post by CJF »

I know Enduras and Delicas with the plastic pocket clips are getting harder to find. Does anyone know of a place (other than ebay) that may have a few of these lying around? Of all the Spydercos I've had over the years these are still my favorite. Every time I see one it takes me back a few years, if you know what I mean :) . I'd like to pick up a couple extras before they disappear forever.

Thanks,
Chris
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

not any places that i have found. ebay is the best bet.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Chris, those have been out of production for about eight years. Think the chances of finding any on the internet, other than on eBay and the knife related forums which have a selling/trading area, like BladeForums and KnifeForums, would be very slim. Depending on where you live, you might find one at a gun show, or get lucky and find a store somewhere with one or two in stock, but eBay is the place you'd be most likely to find one.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
liberty911

Post by liberty911 »

They still sell them at the BX where I am stationed. They have Enduras and Rescues both with FRN clips. They also have Dragonflys, but I am unsure about the clip on those. I wish they had a better selection.
Slick

Post by Slick »

The integral FRN pocket clip Delicas/Enduras are my first and favorite knives. The clips eventually die but they were the least destructive to my wardrobe. Plus the clips died in the most interesting circumstances.

If FRN clipped knives were still available I'd buy a lifetime supply.

I am not into Fleabay or high prices.
Not really all that slick ;)
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Chris.
I've seen a few (and other discontinued Spydies) at hamonoichiba.com. Good luck with your shopping, although I think for the same price you can get an updated model with superior performances.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
WOTANSON1

Post by WOTANSON1 »

Hi Chris and all,
I'm a big fan of the SE Endura FRN with the integral clip :) , in fact I have three of them :cool: . Now I will have to say the new E4 version is an improvement over the original (blade steels, Boye dent, steel liners) however there is still a big attraction to the E1, which I think has the best in hand feel of all the Endura variations/models ;) , I also like the sabre hollow grind on the E1 vs. the E4's sabre flat ground :) . As others have said the best way I've been able to find them is on Ebay, IIRC I scored all of mine for under $100 total for the three :eek: , that was a few years ago I'm afraid. I did score a SE FRN Mariner integral clip this weekend off the bay' for under $35 :) :cool: :D .
Cheers,
Rob
International Order of the SpyderEdge-founding member

Faith, Folk and Family

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.
If this is written in English, thank a US Soldier

NOT my "president"

Proud Member of SOSAK
JBE

Post by JBE »

If you're not really into Ebay, your best bet would be to try gun shows, pawn shops and maybe the occasional flea market. You might even try and find a gun/outdoor shop (independent not major retailer) that might have some new old stock lying around. Like Deacon said, these things have been discontinued for a while now. Good luck in your quest.
Jason
Blades

Post by Blades »

Maybe you should drop "Liberty911" a PM, and work something out. :)
Just an idea.
--Jason--
T-Rex

Post by T-Rex »

Saw 2-last month at a gun and knife show. Saw several in the "antique" section at Blade Show '07 (picked up one Delica SE) - Rex
kniferights.org - Charter Member #331
CJF

Post by CJF »

Thanks for all the replies guys, I guess the search will have to continue. :)

Blades wrote:Maybe you should drop "Liberty911" a PM, and work something out. :)
Just an idea.
Just did it, hopefully it can work out.

Chris
T-Rex

Post by T-Rex »

Hi Chris,

I sent you a PM earlier. The guy I buy from in Columbus, OH sent me an email earlier today. He got a 1-GEN Delica SE in trade at the local gun & knife show and wanted to know if I was interested. Try sending him an email to see if he still has it.

Rex
kniferights.org - Charter Member #331
ceya

Post by ceya »

pm me. I don't violated forum rules.

I have a list being done for a Marine. If some doesn't pan out then I will contact you. G2/Gin 1 models.

Yes dreams come true..for some.

S/F<
CEYA!
"Stay in the fight because we are Marines and the mission will be complete regardless of degree of difficulty."

by CEYA!
Slick

Ceya Ceya Ceya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Slick »

So good to see you here.

Your posts have always warm my heart (among other things) :) :) :)
Not really all that slick ;)