Bob Lum Tanto question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KSDbass

Bob Lum Tanto question

Post by KSDbass »

I recently picked up a Bob Lum Tanto, among others at BLADE, however it doesn't quite line up. The forward edge is hitting the handle when I open or close it. The black is close to pristine, so I'd rather not screw it up, but how can I fix this?
Custom avatar courtesy of Dialex!

Bill Brasky could destroy Chuck Norris.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
swede

Post by swede »

In my experience, the longer the blade, the more likely this may happen. Have you tried giving the pivot screw a little tweak? This often helps, but there's a fine line between tightening it just enough and overtightening so the blade is too tight. I found it helped to tighten it up and then back off a bit. Sometimes, this will line the blade up better.
Dave
Darkfin

Post by Darkfin »

I have had 3 of those, all have had that problem. Perhaps Spyderco W&R would be able to help.
There isn’t any symbolism. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The shark are all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is ****.
~Ernest Hemingway (describing The Old Man and the Sea)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KSDbass

Post by KSDbass »

Thank you Swede, that helped alot. Not as loose as I'd like it, but it was time to bust out the Tuf-glide anyway. Darkfin, does W&R still cover discontinued :spyder: 's?
Custom avatar courtesy of Dialex!

Bill Brasky could destroy Chuck Norris.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket