What was your first Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
charge

What was your first Spyderco?

Post by charge »

What was your first :spyder: and why did you decide on that one?

Mine was the Delica Wave because of price, quality, and the Wave feature

Thanks for sharing,
charge
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

endura 3 black combo edge, because the guy recommended it when i was buying my service pistol. i didnt buy my next for 5 years and now all of a sudden (a year and a half later) i have close to 100 of them..lol :cool:
Capt. Carl

Post by Capt. Carl »

Delica wave actually.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

My first :spyder: was Sharpmaker. My first Spyderco knife was C41 Native. I wanted to try S30V and it chipped badly.
But Kopa Cocobolo get me hooked on :spyder:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

Stainless Spyderedge Harpy. Was working at Target at the time and the SAK classic I had carried on my keychain for years wasn't cutting it. I was looking for the knife. Something I could beat the **** out of and not sharpen for months. I remembered as a kid being attracted to Spyderco knives, in particular the Police and did some looking around. The SE Harpy seemed the best option for me at the time. I love that knife and used the **** out of it tearing down heavy cardboard, cutting plastic packing straps, that sort of thing.

About 2 years later I finally got a real job making decent money and bought my second Spyder, a Karmabit. A week later I bought a Centofante IV. Been buying pretty consistantly since then. Have like 30 knives or so now.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
flyer35

Post by flyer35 »

I just got my first not long ago, a Delica 3, but had my second a week later..lol

Rob
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

My first Spyderco was a plain edge Scorpius. That was sometime in February 2005. I first tried out a Tufram Worker SE over at my brother-in-laws house. He used it every day working for the water department of our city. It was beat up but was a good knife. After seeing his Worker and Executive, I wanted one. I looked online and wanted a stainless steel Spydie. I couldn't decide between the Scorpius and the Delica, so I went with the more "non-mainstream" and bought it.

It was a good knife. I eventually traded it off to a member of this forum for a different knife. I still like the Scorpius and want to get another one but there are far too many on my list before it.

We'll see. So yeah, the Scorpius was my first. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

An endura when they first came out and hit the area. It was a FRN clip, G2 ( Gin-1) serrated model which I still have in EDC able condition. The clip is still intact even. Second was a Delica not long later, and then I bought one for my brother. That was the early 90's. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
drf

Post by drf »

My first was a PE Cricket purchased in January of this year. It got me hooked-- a poliwog, salt 1 , civilian, captain, cf caly 3, and a dodo followed. I am always amazed at the craftmanship and high quality of each knife purchased.
bttoma

Post by bttoma »

A lefty PE Co-Pilot with the brass liners was my first. I picked it up at a gunshow to use as a money clip/back-up knife. My second was a PE Harpy because I liked the blade shape. I carried the Harpy for years before eventually replacing it with a G10 SE Harpy, later a few Merlins, and a CF PE Harpy.
WOTANSON1

Post by WOTANSON1 »

I bought my first Spyderco, a Native 2 SS CE about five years ago. Man I hated that knife :mad: . Second and third were an Endura 2 SS SE, and a Vesuvius CE and hated those as well :o . Then I bought a FRN Endura 3 SE and all was right in the world. :) I had been a big slip joint fan until I discovered Spydies and have never looked back.
Cheers,
Rob
International Order of the SpyderEdge-founding member

Faith, Folk and Family

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.
If this is written in English, thank a US Soldier

NOT my "president"

Proud Member of SOSAK
Zatx

Post by Zatx »

Endura 4, a little over a month ago.

I'm now collector #114 and own 6 :spyder: s.

I'm hooked.

My wife makes this face :mad: when the mailman drops off another package.
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." -----Sal Glesser
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

My first Spyderco was the Gunting Combo edge. The thing that I remembered that stood out the most was the quality and solid construction of the folder. Oh well the rest is history! :D Take care all and God Bless!
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

My first was a Delica in AUS 8 with the wider molded clip, which I still have and carry once in a while. Since it was a gift from my girlfriend, you better believe I hang on to it ;) :D
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Lockback

Post by Lockback »

G2 SE FRN integral-clip Delica - I received it as a gift over 10 years ago. It's heading back to the Great Spyder Factory tomorrow for a resharpening.

The first Spyderco I bought for myself was an SE AUS-8 FRN integral-clip Rescue. I now have several Rescues, but still carry that one occasionally.
disko

Post by disko »

PE black SPOT, was looking at a very specific situation and it fit the bill nicely. Then a Matriarch which I sold following the end of a situation. Now I've got a CF cricket, and g10 and Tuffram Civilians en route, as well as a Waved Delica.
KCBlade

Post by KCBlade »

Hello All

This is my first time posting on this forum. My first Spyderco purchase was (two knives) made three weeks ago: Native plain edge CPM-S30V blade, and the Manix. I purchased both for several reasons. I found them esthetically pleasing. Both are time tested designs. My cutting/collecting wants were fulfilled with the pair. But what really solidified my decision was the knowledge gained from reviews. Now I am hooked on Spyderco products. Since then I have purchased the Endura SE ZDP-189 blade.
haxxor

Post by haxxor »

aus 6 se spot was my first :spyder:

I bought it because it has lots unique features: fixed blade ,neck carry sheath, S- shaped blade, lagriffe-style hole, and it was cheap :)
bigkahunasix

Long, long ago in a place called Denver.

Post by bigkahunasix »

1984 - Worker, actually 2 of them. Even back then I always wanted a spare,
just in case. (probably a little OCD in there somewhere.)

Since then I have lost count of the :spyder: 's i've owned, used, traded and
gifted to others. (Just spreadin' the love.)

Bigk6
Been packing at least two Spyderco knives a day since 1984

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spyharpy

Post by Spyharpy »

This was my first about two years ago. Was thinking about parting with it but after some thought, I just couldn't. It was my very first Spydie!