Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
prndltech

Re: Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

Postby prndltech » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Naperville wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:12 pm
NOTE!

Recently I started to use a Norton/Symantec VPN. I can turn it on/off, and change the country that I access websites from to post or carry out purchases. I thought that it was safer to use a VPN for privacy and so a week or so back started to use the VPN.

For the last week when I log in to the forums to post I have been receiving the following message, "Your IP 159.65.XXX.XXX has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=159.65.XXX.XXX."

All that I do is turn off the VPN and everything is fine. Somebody somewhere spammed somebody. I do not send spam, nor hack anyone, so I don't know what this is about....if they are blocking the VPN domain or my actual address, I have no idea who spamhaus is. I am a client of AT&T and Norton/Symantec for the VPN.

Anyone have a clue about this?

EDIT:
I read the spamhaus docs a little bit more. Apparently they have had a spammer use their VPN, and now it is effecting me. I have to contact Norton/Symantec.
Happened to me without using a VPN. Gave me the same message when I was using data on my phone, then when I used WiFi it was okay. Now it’s back to normal.
- Shannon

Naperville

Postby Naperville » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:01 pm

prndltech wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:56 pm
Naperville wrote:
NOTE!

Recently I started to use a Norton/Symantec VPN. I can turn it on/off, and change the country that I access websites from to post or carry out purchases. I thought that it was safer to use a VPN for privacy and so a week or so back started to use the VPN.

For the last week when I log in to the forums to post I have been receiving the following message, "Your IP 159.65.XXX.XXX has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=159.65.XXX.XXX."

All that I do is turn off the VPN and everything is fine. Somebody somewhere spammed somebody. I do not send spam, nor hack anyone, so I don't know what this is about....if they are blocking the VPN domain or my actual address, I have no idea who spamhaus is. I am a client of AT&T and Norton/Symantec for the VPN.

EDIT:
I read the spamhaus docs a little bit more. Apparently they have had a spammer use their VPN, and now it is effecting me. I have to contact Norton/Symantec.
Happened to me without using a VPN. Gave me the same message when I was using data on my phone, then when I used WiFi it was okay. Now it’s back to normal.
The MAC Address on the data gateway must be being blocked.
Spyderco Collection: Military (S110V), Bob Lum Darn Dao(CPM-154), Yojimbo 2 (1 in S30V & 2 in 20CV), Sustain(20CV), Native 5(Maxamet), Jumpmaster 2(H1), Province(4V). SHORT LIST: CF Shaman(S90V), Native Chief, Street Bowie(4V at 60+ HRC), Nightstick, Yojumbo.

prndltech

Postby prndltech » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:07 pm

Naperville wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:01 pm
prndltech wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:56 pm
Naperville wrote:
NOTE!

EDIT:
The MAC Address on the data gateway must be being blocked.
Yeah I have no idea what that means so I’ll believe you.
- Shannon

Baron Mind

Postby Baron Mind » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Deleted. request from poster

sal

AH80s

Postby AH80s » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:23 am

Newish member here. Awesome leadership Sal.
Andrew

sal

Postby sal » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:58 pm

Hi AH80s,

Thanx much.

sal

Spyshark

Postby Spyshark » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:01 pm

agree with AH80s .
awesome leadership.
have been loving Spyderco for years, new to the forum though. :)

:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

sal

Postby sal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:16 am

Hi Spyshark,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for the support.

sal

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”