Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ovgcguy

Re: Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

Post by ovgcguy »

I talked with the spyderco crew at Shot Show for quote a while and everyone at this company is so cool. Down to earth. Loves what they do. The people of Spyderco are a large part of why I am a single brand collector. (I also just like the look of their knives more than others!)

Just wanted to say, it was nice meeting the spyderco crew. You have a very down to earth team that makes me like Spyderco beyond just your products. This forum is also an outlier in the sense its surprisingly civil and has an amazingly civil OT section. I think this also speaks to the culture you promote. Keep it up!
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx much for the kind words Ovgcguy. Yes, we are fortunate to have the crew we do. They are special and they are the fire that is Spyderco.

sal
sbaker345

Post by sbaker345 »

Ever I bought my first Spyderco more than a decade ago I've never carried any other knife If it wasn't for muscle memory I wouldn't even know I was carrying a knife half the time with how light many are.

I've beat on and abused some of them in the name of testing and shared the outcome on the forums in the hope people would find the data valuable and response to it really drove home what a great and supportive community it is here

Years later despite one of my favorite knives finally having sustaining a chip too large to easily repair during testing it still became a bit of a keepsake over the years with a fair bit of sentimentality attached to it so I finally decided to email spyderco and ask if I might be able to get it repaired somehow for a fee. I was very forthright with what I did to it and even linked the thread detailing each and every thing I did to it to make it very clear I had abused the knife albeit in name of testing and sharing with the community. They told me to send the knife in to be looked at and I fully expected to get it back either with a letter saying there's nothing they could do or if I was lucky the blade reground.

When I got a box in the mail some time later I opened it to find both a brand new S110V LW manix identical to my old one as well as the original knife itself along with a few stickers which immediately went on my welding hood.

The new Manix has been my permanent EDC ever since that day and always will be while the old one sits in its place on my nightstand. I've been a big Spyderco fan long before that but for them to go well above and beyond like that despite owing me nothing really meant a lot and speaks volumes about the company.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

That is a really cool story and a testament to what a great company Spyderco is. They seem to try and always do the right thing or a good thing. Very cool!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

All I've read so far seems to indicate this company does not mess with their long time customers. Its really something that warms the heart. Talk about random acts of kindness !!
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

sal wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:02 pm
Thanx much for the kind words Ovgcguy. Yes, we are fortunate to have the crew we do. They are special and they are the fire that is Spyderco.

sal
This is such a rare and amazing quality in the universe, sal. Thank you, sir.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Thank you Spyderco family for a wonderful year and awesome knives. A truly genuine company.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Doonzman

Post by Doonzman »

No idea if my signature line is bad (it references that I like guns) but I’ll change it to something more palatable to be on the safe side
“A man wishing to be unhappy finds many ways to prove his course”
- 100 Eyes
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Doonzman,

It shouldn't be problem. I think most here think guns are OK. Gail and I are shooters

sal
Doonzman

Post by Doonzman »

Hey Sal,

Good to see fellow 2A folks in other hobbies!

-Michael
“A man wishing to be unhappy finds many ways to prove his course”
- 100 Eyes
Murphy Slaw

Post by Murphy Slaw »

This is the stuff that made me want to join this forum.
kontei

Post by kontei »

Hello from Germany, Sal.

You know the phrase "Made in Germany". But when it comes to knives, even we say "Made in Golden, Colorado" is what one should aiming for.

When your time will come someday, I really hope that your son can hold up Spydercos spirit.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

kontei wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:37 pm
....I really hope that your son can hold up Spydercos spirit.

There's nothing to worry about. He's already doing it!

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!